Saturday, January 23, 2010

Time....please stand still


Time, please stand still. I am loving every minute with this boy. This 3rd baby has beena joy beyond anything I had imagined. I had a rough adjustment with Link and even struggled with some post-partum. This has been smooth sailing with Quincy. He's soooo sweet. I don't even mind waking up in th emiddle of the night to feed him b/c I enjoy holding his limp sleeping body and cuddling it. He's growing so fast and it's the saddest thing in the world. As much as I love my two toddler...I LOVE LOVE LOVE newborns. So this is the latest of my Quijncy baby- he's smiling and so readily too! If he even seed any of us he just busts out a open grin and his beautiful face lights up. SO precious. I want ten just like him.


At the dentist this past week. The kids passed the exam with flying colors. They were sooo good to sit still. This was Ella's 2nd time but Link's first. However, I am convinced Quincy sucked the enamel and calcium out of my teeth in the womb b/c I did not do so hot. Maybe it had to do something with the amount of sugar I eat....I am not ready to admit that though b/c that means I am admitting I have a problem and that means I have try and change. GRRR. I am not going to even confess and describe my teeth problems. It's embarrassing...especially being related to a dentist. But as my mother-in-law always says..."The shoemaker's kids never have shoes and the dentist's kids always have rotting teeth." Ok, that was my own variation of what she says. But it's true!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

do you proof your posts, girl?? "If he even seed any of us he just busts out a open grin..."
i know exactly how you feel about not wanting baby to grow up. so sad. cute kids. i haven't been to the dentist in almost 3 years. it's gonna be bad.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Quincy is such a cutie! I love that cute hair too!

Rachel said...

I always have tons of cavities (think six) after I get back to the dentist post-baby. I'm so glad Quincy is an angel for you...it makes all the difference!

Jene and Megan said...

I'm sorry about your new clothes and the belly button monster that you have. ;) That is so frustrating when you love an piece of clothing so much and you take such pride in it and then it falls apart within the first few weeks you have it. So annoying!! Grrr...I'm angry for you! haha..

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Quincy looks like a good mixture of Jewkes and Jason. He's so cute.

The Fox Family said...

Quincy is adorable! Ahhh that smile! Sooo cute! I've heard the 3rd ones are the blessing babies. I think Mom's deserve it after 2! I don't take very good care of my teeth either..glad to have free dental work! :)

Anonymous said...

Quincy is so cute. Precious. I know what you mean about the newborn phase. I love it too. It's so hard nursing, but other than that, I LOVE how they just love you so much and can't talk back. :)

J said...

I'm embarrassed too, of my own teeth that is! Recently went to the dentist to find out I've got a few problems myself. I agree that pregnancy is hard on a woman's body, especially her TEETH!
I'm glad Quincy is a sweet little baby. I truly hope my second one is as good as Ves, and that I don't have to go through any postpartum crap again.

Jill Bagley said...

GET YOUR TEETH FIXED AND MAINTAINED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR YOU'LL BE SORRY. that is all i have to say.
i had to have a crown--after years and years of having no cavities. i had to get a tooth crowned because the filling finally gave out. i wished i had not had a cavity in the first place. cuz crowns suck!
anyhoo. i love your cute kids and the things they say.
what is it about that 3rd kid? they are the most magical and sweet. i even have tons of friends that say that. and my husband was third and he was like that too. its true what they say.....3rd time is a charm. just wait until they hit terrible twos though. OY!! my lucille is kind of a terror. but a sweet terror that is too cute to yell at. :)