Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas at the Allreds


Grandma Allred gave Ella this adorable doctor's costume. She put the coat right on, assembled her clipboard and immediately starting writing me a prescription for Valium so I could get through the holidays. Thanks Ella!

If this expression is not where the phrase "like a kid at Christmas" comes from I don't know what is. And inside this cute little snowman bag was "Cars" bath body paint that Ella bought at her school's Christmas store (Can you believe the extortion that goes on at those elementary school Christmas stores? My goodness...talk about taking advantage of the little kids. I sent $5 and I got a gift valued at $1. And that's a generous estimate.). Lincoln loved the gift, despite it being overpriced much to my chagrin.
Before we went over to grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas we celebrated with our little family a couple days early. This picture is the classic "camera-on-a-timer" picture.
AHHHH...the comforts of a bed. :) Quincy got his from Santa Clause. A bed just his size. Just kidding. Uncle Billy thought it would be funny to put Quincy in my niece Megan's "American Girl" doll bed. I've never seen Quincy so at ease.
Ella and all her girl cousins got matching aprons, chef hats, hot pads, and cook books. So cute! It even says her name on her hat.
I can't deiced if Link liked the scooter or the helmet more. The helmet was on his head the entire week.
The pre "rip-your-Christmas-presents-apart picture".
Quincy's stalker, I mean Uncle- Billy. This guy is all too ready to be a daddy. I didn't see Quincy all week unless it was time to eat. Billy even wanted to sleep with Quincy!





These last pics are from Christmas Eve. This last one is as good as it got as far as a family pic went. You have to admit that Lincoln's face is pretty classic and just what I was hoping for in conveying the Christmas spirit. Thanks Lincoln!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hello! Have you seen Quincy?! Of course Billy couldn't put him down. He just might be your cutest kid (don't tell those other cuties I said that). Lincoln's face in that last pic is hilarious. I miss you!!!!!

Meredith said...

oh my gosh! Quincy gets cuter and cuter every post! Wish i was there to squeeze his cheeks. BTW, that bed is awesome! He does look super comfortable. :)

Rebecca said...

i miss quincy! he's so cute! that pic of julie looks JUST like jason. wow. we had such a fun time in GA- thanks for everything!

Alicia said...

I LOVE the picture at the end. Linc's face is adorable. Ella got lots of cute dressup stuff. What a lucky little girl. Quincy looks so dang cute in that little bed. He really is like a doll. Too sweeet!!

Rachel said...

I want to hear about what you got for christmas...we should talk. You know I think your kids are cute, but that mister Dee Doo and his facial expressions kill me.

Jill Bagley said...

you guys are so cute!!
love the pictures. Quincy in the baby bed is hilarious.