Monday, October 27, 2008

Obama's mama


I made a bazillion cupcakes for our ward activity on Saturday. Link was eyeing them on the counter top all day. He tried as few times to sneak one, but my eagle eye caught him. However, when Daddy was in charge, Link got a hold of the cupcake and halfway through went to show Jason his handy work.


These two above pics are from our ward activity. Link was definitely one of the cutest kids there with all his eye makeup. I probably shouldn't admit this but I have never seen a boy so excited to put makeup on. He stood so still as I put it on and he wanted to look in the mirror all night long. Ella loved being an elephant....or an "ephalant" as she would say. She was very concerned about making the proper noise and so she kept asking us what elephants say.

Link's apple choo choo. So cute.



We finally carved our pumpkins. guess which one was mine? Nope, you guessed wrong. Mine is the weird faced one. Jason made this flowery one for Ella.

Link's Jack Sparrow look. He's been working on it all week. As well as saying, "Arg, matey!".


Now for the real kicker and title of this post. So Jason and I went over to the Allred's for a little lunch and genealogy powwow. The Allred's have recently had a lot of the names in their family researched and organized by someone in the stake. We found out, much to our chagrin, that Obama's mother's maiden name was Allred. Yup, that's right. We, -no, I am not accepting that- Jason is related to Obama. And just to add insult to injury, today Ella was watching Nickelodeon, where the kids who watch their channel were able to vote for whichever president. Sadly, the kids who watch Nickelodeon have had the wool pulled over their eyes and suffer from disillusionment, and Obama was elected. So Obama made a little appearance to say "thanks for voting for me" or whatever. As soon as he popped on the screen Ella said, "Mom, look, it's Barack Obama!" with perfect clarity. My jaw dropped. Who has infiltrated our child with information about him? How does she know his name? She doesn't even know McCain's name and we talk about him all the time. I want to know who's responsible. Grandma? Nursery? Gym childcare?
The top pic is of his mom. So after veiwing these two pics, are there any resemblences? Jason and him definitely have the same metabolism. j/k

14 comments:

Amanda said...

What cute customs! Lincoln totally pulled off the Jack Sparrow look! I am sure that Jason loved all the makeup you put on Lincoln.
Wow, Jason is related to Obama - guess he has to change political parties :) haha

Rebecca said...

That is a really cute pirate costume. Though, I must admit, it's a little weird to see Ella in an elephant costume, considering her tininess. Cute, though! Oliver was saying, "Obama Mama" the other day for no apparent reason- where did he get it??? I don't know! Is Jason really related to Obama? Allred's a pretty common name.

Rachel said...

That pirate costume is SO cute and he does look just a tiny bit girley with all that makeup on! :) So cute! I love Halloween when you have little kids.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

now that you mention it, i definitely see a resemblance between obama and jason. they both have that olive tinted skin. cute pirate!

The Allred Family said...

OK, SO I GUESS HIS MOM'S MAIDEN NAME WASN'T ALLRED. SOMEHOW I GOT THAT CONFUSED. SORRY. WE ARE DISTANTLY RELATED. STILL FUNNY...CONSIDERING JASON'S POLITICAL BELIEFS!

The Fox Family said...

haha. the Obama story...hilarious. And your kids are adorable! I love the pirate costume.

Anonymous said...

Claire they are so adorable in their costumes, but when you added the make-up I loved it. Your lil pirate is just adorable! I am impressed with your pumpkin carving skills...I didn't carve any pumpkins this year because I hate cleaning out the pumpkin...big surprise. Adorable family Claire.

Lindsey said...

your kids are so cute! love the pirate costume- great job on that girly makeup!

Can I have that ship on you LR armoire? Thanks.

Go back to my blog and look at the last sentence you typed on your first comment...huh!?!?!

Lindsey said...

ps- I LOVE that apple choo choo pic. I want to blow it up and put it on my wall! ok- maybe that would be weird....but YOU should do it!

kateworthi said...

So cute! Looks like you've been having a ton of fun lately.
I'm seriously ashamed about your relations by the way... Well, not yours, but your kids' anyway. He came from the gutter - don't you KNOW that? :) .... okay, maybe you can't quite get my tone from writing. Sorry. XO.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I always had a feeling Jason was related to Obama. Same world view

Jake and Annika said...

Great costumes! Great Family! ... distant relatives a bit "iffy". Oh well, we'll keep ya!

kateworthi said...

I just have to say that I absolutely laughed hysterically when I read Christian's comment. Super funny!

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/bahan-alami-untuk-detox-tubuh/