Monday, October 6, 2008

Dr.Jeckyll and Ms. Hyde



Jason rolling down the hills with kids. All the kids in the park (obviously play-deprived form their own parents) would not leave Jason alone and wanted to roll with him and do whatever he was doing. So thus explaining the strangers in this pic.




Here are some pics from the week. We had fun last night after the last session of conference with the Hutchings. We lit our first fire of the season in our chiminea (sp?) and roasted really expired marshmallows and put them on expired rubbery graham crackers. It was wasn't the best smore experience. I didn't want smore. Get it? Lame, I know....couldn't resist. :)
Ella has been seemingly emotionally unstable...I hear it's pretty normal for a three year old girl. Terrible two isnothing conmapred to .....therrible threes???? She can be the sweetest thing then the next second on the verge of a mental breakdown. Jason and I call her Dr.Jeckyll or Ms.Hyde....whichever is appropriate at the time. Anyway, amongst all her tantrums and fits, she says some really cute things. Here are a couple:
1) "Mom, I can't wait till all my dreams come true." Maybe she watches too many Disney movies. I thought it was adorable.
2) "Dad, do you know when I am happiest? When I'm sleeping". Is that a sign of depression or something? Weird. Espeically since it seems the poor girl suffers from nightmares of crocidiles eating her friends. Seriously. She woke up saying that the other morning. Scary. We all know how dreams can be realistic.
3) She put on some new cute pink boots the other day and she said, "Mom, do you like my new boots?". I said, "They're beautiful, I love them!". She said, "No mom, I wanna be cute, not beautiful. Are they cute?". I reply, "Yes".


All the "kids" coming down backwards together.

9 comments:

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

" do you know what would my wildest dream come true?"...is that the infamous saying? reminded me of good old florida does. that kid in the army shorts sure looked parent deprived!!

Alicia said...

Jason is a wonderful dad and obviously other kids want to take part. Poor Ella, I used to have nightmares when I was little and they seem so real to me too! Hopefully she grows out of it soon. Her little sayings are cute!

The Watkins said...

I love the kid talk! Made me laugh!

Jill Bagley said...

you are so funny.
ruby said some of those same things to me.
maybe her and ruby are a lot alike.
watch out. shell be ready to get married soon.
dont you think its funny how kids tell you about their dreams at night? Ezra has been waking up lately ( he is 2 1/2) and telling me that he was at the gym last night. ( he loves going to the gym and playing in the play structure). and then, he tells me about how he was lightning mcqueen and there in radiator springs.

Jene and Megan said...

Such darling pics of your family but you should be in a few of them!!

Rebecca said...

Cute hair on Lincoln- is it a really fauxhawk? Those sayings of Ella are so adorable.

Lindsey said...

I was talking to Mere about some of Hazel's fits and she said you have been having the same problems with Ella. And Hazel has gotten up because of bad dreams EVERY NIGHT for the past 6 months. It's insane. I can not wait for three to be over. :) But yeah- she sure does say some hilarious things.

Amanda said...

I love Lincoln's mohawk!

J said...

I was just going to comment on Lincoln's fauxhawk! I love that look on little boys.

Most parents don't have the energy Jason does. I think it's awesome he's into playing around like a little kid.

I also love the pictures you took!