Monday, October 20, 2008

Catnaps and cooked cheeks









This past weekend some of Jason's fam came into town so we had a weekend full of events. We went to Stone Mountain on Thursday. There was a pumkpkin patch that seemingly would've been the perfect photo opportunity, but if you have uncooperative adorable kids like me- it turns into a disaster! I took a ton of pics...beleive it ornot, these are the best I got from the pumpkin patch there. Then we rode the tram up to the top and I got some good candids up there. The craters on Stone mountain are so interesting....It looks like what I would think the moon looks like. Check out the pics.







A couple weekends ago we went to good ole Griffin fair. Why do fairs attract such weird people? Maybe it's a Griffin thing....but there are some creepy people there. There was this one guy who was operated a slide ride and he could be scouted for a horror film. He couldn't have weighed more than 100 lbs and was 6 ft and was missing several teeth.I thought about asking if we could take a pic of him just for my blog. The most entertaining part for me is definitely people watching....oh and eating the delicous corn dogs that are totally nostaligic for me. I worked a the booth in High School for the Kiwanis club and ate them constantly. It was so overpriced it almost made me nauseous to think about how much we were paying for a ride htat looked as if it would break at any moment.....but the smiles on teh kids faces were priceless. They are STILL talking about it. Come to think about, Link STILL has caramel onhis carseat from his caramel apple. ew. Guess I shouldn't admit that





Ella has said some really cute things in that past week or so Here they are:
1) Jason was reading a book called "True Love". It's actually about a dog named True Love. Anywho....at the end Ella says, "Daddy, I think Hayden is my true love". This was cute, except Hayden is her cousin.
2) Tonight we were making doughies (the best things ever) over our chiminea and Ella got burnt on her cheek with one of the metal roasting sticks. She cried for a while and then said, "Mom, I don't like cooked cheeks."
3) Ella: "Mommy, remember when you wore a princess dress and married daddy?"
me: Yes. (She's referring to our wedding pic that she gazes at frequently.)
Ella: "One day I am going to wear a princess dress and marry Dee doo" (that's Link's nickname".
4) I said this to my mother-in-law, "I hope the kids at least take a little catnap today." Ella screams, "MOOOOM...I am not a cat!".

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love the funny Ella sayings. Cracked me up! And I love her face expression in the pic where she is sitting in your lap. And I LOVE the b&w pic of Lincoln's mo. They are so cute. Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun times lately!! :)

Lindsey said...

I love the funny Ella sayings. Cracked me up! And I love her face expression in the pic where she is sitting in your lap. And I LOVE the b&w pic of Lincoln's mo. They are so cute. Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun times lately!! :)

Lindsey said...

I love the funny Ella sayings. Cracked me up! And I love her face expression in the pic where she is sitting in your lap. And I LOVE the b&w pic of Lincoln's mo. They are so cute. Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun times lately!! :)

Lindsey said...

um- what the crap?! why is my comment on here three times?!?!?!

Amanda said...

Claire - your outfit in picture #7 - are you wearing leggings or jeans? Cute! Are leggings still in? I think they are but nobody around her wears them...not very many people have around here have much style. I look at your clothes for inspiration.
Ella is really, really cute and has such a cute personality :)
I love DeeDoo's hair cute. We cant wait to see you guys next month.

Anonymous said...

Ella is such a cutie! And, I love Lincoln's hair too!

Rachel said...

These pics are sooo cute- the one of you and Ella on the tram- well, you guys look so much alike in that pic and I usually thinks she looks like Jason. Anyway, I like Lincoln's mohawk! The Griffin fair has some serious nostalgia for me too- first kiss- hello! You should have included a pic of the corn dog!! I want one! If you go back, will you eat one for me??? :)

Rebecca said...

Those little sayings are so cute- I love reading those. Ella is so cute and with it. She really is looking more and more like you. Cute kids!

Alicia said...

I loved fairs when I was little too! They are way overpriced and I agree about the scary carnies is what we always called them. I love Ella's little sayings, and the cute pumpkin pictures!

J said...

I LOVE black and white pictures! They are becoming my favorite pictures to take. You got some good shots!
Ella sure is a funny girl! And Link's hair is pretty rockin'. Do you ever do his hair like this for church? Whenever we do a fauxhawk for Vess, people ALWAYS comment at church like we're some kind of rebellious parents or something. :)

Ashley said...

hey claire, Your family is always doing fun things! Send me your email address and I can give you some coupon information and stuff. my email is flipflop77@gmail.com.

Abbey said...

Ella is cracking me up. Cooked cheeks? That is the cutest thing I've heard. You must just laugh all day long with that little girl.

Jessica Sedgwick said...

I love Ella's comments. She has the cutest voice, I can just picture her saying those cute things.

We had some scary people at the carnival we went to, too. Funny.

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-manfaat-buah-markisa/

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-manfaat-buah-markisa/