Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What we've been up to....



These pictures above are SOME of my garage sale finds. My friend, Mercy, and I went to a country club garage sale two days in a row. It was actually quite disappointing only because I scored BIG TIME in previous years. It's all about the hunt. Saving money is extremely nice...but the hunt. Ah, the hunt. It's a serious high. As far as the "C" silver bucket goes I am going to use it as my outgoing mail holder. It needs a serious polish but is from Pottery barn and is very heavy and nice and my favorite thing that I got. Two bucks! YES! Should have talked 'em down. And I love the mirror. I have realized that my house is becoming a pool of black, tan, and white. I really need some splashes of color so my goal is to introduce little accent colors into my monochromatic rooms. I hope to paint this mirror. I will post pics when that happens. Hopefully it won't be like that first item in picture #1 which is a black tri-fold grid thing that I bought about two years ago at the same garage sale and have not figured out what to do with it yet. Any ideas????
The perfect napping place for someone as tiny as Ella. Another garage sale find that I redid. I bought this bench about two years ago and it is one of my favorite things in my house. It has lots of character. You can't really see it in the pic though. I repainted and re-covered it. It's about two feet wide I couldn't believe Ella could sleep so comfortably on it.

Happy Birthday sweetheart! J turned 33 on Sunday. Lincoln made him several cards all with wintergreen lifesavers (the most accessible "candy") shoved inside.
Making waffles on Sunday afternoon. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my waffle iron. Making waffles has taken on a new meaning since receiving my waffle iron for Christmas. It heats up in seconds and it only takes about 2-4 min. per waffle to cook .And it makes them crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Yum. I just add a little powdered sugar and vanilla to the Bisquick and you have delicious sweet waffles.
Quincy's long bangs were driving me nuts. Oh, and the thick patch in the back. So he got a his first haircut. This is after the haircut. He's so beautiful.
Before the haircut.

Patch in the back.
It's azalea time at Hickory Hill Farm. Beautiful. They are in full bloom and you've got to enjoy them while you can because they will be gone in a matter of days.




Jason camped with the kids about two weekends ago. They ventured all the way over to Grandma and Grandpa Jewkes' house. :) The Hutchings invited us to come along. It was the kids first time actually sleeping all night in a tent. Quincy and I slept at home. I am so glad because it was about 20 degrees when they woke up. Jason said it was a bit of a rough night.

6 comments:

Jene and Megan said...

You are so gifted at finding good things at garage sales. I hardly ever find anything! You need to show me the way and be my personal yoda! ;) On a random note, I'm sad I missed playgroup yesterday.

Rebecca said...

happy b-day jason! quincy is so cute! great finds- i wish we had garage sales out here.

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Maybe you can use that black grid thing as a shoe holder in the garage. I get tired of kids losing their shoes, so I try to get them to keep them in the garage basket before entering the house (rarely happens, but at least I have a convenient place to put them when cleaning up). I love that Quincy is sitting in a princess chair. So funny. I wish we could camp at Hickory Hill Farm!

Jill Bagley said...

awww!! love your cute post!!
my favorite picture is the one of you and your kids in the kitchen.
is that your kitchen??? serious??!!!! do you know how lucky you are to have a big spacious kitchen like that??
is your waffle iron the waring pro? i love mine as well.
i have a fabulous recipe for easy whole wheat waffles. healthier than bisquick ;)
your kids are adorable.
you have a blessed life!! XOXOXO

Jill Bagley said...

ps--- ya know, we should plan a girls weekend. for any of the cousins and peeps that we would want to come. lets do san fransisco---or austin texas or something. just for a weekend. no kids.
what say you?

The Fox Family said...

Claire- the rumor is you "follow" baby wise...is this true? If so...here is what I just asked Emily and I was wondering if you would do me a favor and do the same:
So, I have read baby wise...ok not all the way through, Erik and I are reading it together which means it has been dragging on forever! But...I love what I have read, I agree with what I get of it, I think though i just want to be told what to do. lol. Which I know I will have to feel out my baby and make it work for me, but I was just wondering if now since I have the basis of it, if you could take a few mins. to email me like your overall ideas about it and how it works for you. Like what you do and have done with your kids and what has worked and what you find most important and what you would recommend the most. Sorry that's a lot. Just any advice, suggestions or overall principles you have would be very much appreciated. My email is: erikandnicholefox@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!!!! :)