Monday, April 5, 2010

Country Living








These pictures should make you jealous! :) Although it can be quite frustrating to live so far out.....there is unprecedented beauty. I took these a couple weeks ago. It had been a dark rainy day and then out of no where the sun came out. Along with sun were two very vivid rainbows. All the while it was still raining. Take into consideration that these were taken by a VERY unskilled photographer- me- and with my little canon. Imagine if I had real skills! We got to witness and once a year beautiful moment- the Japanese magnolias. This was not my tree. Oh, how I wish it were. They only last about a week and the blossoms are majestic.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

beautiful pics!!
We have 6 inches of snow on the ground, and more expected tonight, so I'm really jealous. Plus, I had one of those trees in my yard in GA. :( Made me miss GA today. Thanks a lot!
Miss you too btw. Avery prayed for Ella and Lincoln and Coop the other night in her prayer.

Connie said...

Your pictures are beautiful . . . Wish I was there to enjoy that southern beauty!!

Alicia said...

You did a great job. I love the little shabby cabin. They made me feel emotional! I am missing my country home right now. The country has lots of disadvantages when it comes to conviences, but nothing is better than being surrounded by nature.

The Fox Family said...

i am jealous! And those pictures are awesome...didn't know you were such the photographer! :)

J said...

Wow, I think these pictures are amazing! Seriously, you do have skills, even if you don't think so! I love the blossoms on the tree. Totally reminds me of cherry blossom season in good ol' Nippon. :)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Those rainbow images are beautiful! Hard to capture a rainbow. I also love the dirt road with the glistening water on it. I think once you get manual down, images like this will be uber spectacular! Keep it up!