Saturday, February 27, 2010

Let the birthday games begin

Is there anyone else out there that feels like every time their kid's birthday rolls around they throw about five different parties with five different cakes? it's a little exhausting....nonetheless, I love celebrating my little ones' day. Ella just turned five on Thursday. We celebrated with my fam on Sunday because a lot of people were going out of town. Exhibit #1:


Then on her actual birthday Jason decorated the house complete with a "red carpet" running down the stairs. I made he favorite breakfast of crumb cake and eggs adn then dropped her at school with a tray of homemade cupcakes. I should mention that my time-bake did not work on my oven so in actuality I made the cupcakes twice- the first ones being burned. Exhibit #2:


Notice the red carpet and Ella looking as glamorous as ever! Work it Ella!

Then today we actually had a party of sorts. Jason took the two older kids to a mega maze while Quincy and I were "up in the gym working on my fitness". Then we had some choice people over to have Ella's long awaited castle cake and hot dogs and presents. Exhibit #3:

It never hurts to have a little pink bling on your ice cream cone. Ella thought it was the coolest thing ever. A little karo syrup and pink cake decorating crystals is all.
All in all, I think we made Ella's day turned into week pretty special and that's what counts. My baby girl is five! Happy Birthday Ella Moe!

PS- Yes, there is a slight change in my appearance.....I went darkish reddish. But not by choice. I was the victim of a major chemical spill of bleach, thus forcing my hand into becoming a red head....it's actually growing on me. I cut it too....mullet style.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I cannot believe Ella is FIVE!! She even looks older...did she hurt her eye? That cake is SO cute. Looks like a ton of work. You're so good at making cute cakes. I do think your hair color looks really cute. Maybe you should post a bigger pic of just your cut and color. I want to see it better. Happy Birthday Ella!

Jene and Megan said...

first of all, don't knock redheads...we're hot! haha...
Anyway, cute cake! Looks like Ella enjoyed every minute of her b.day!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

that cake looks so good! i'm telling you, you've gotta stop looking at the mistakes. it was fun, thanks!

Jene and Megan said...

lol, Claire! You did NOT have to clarify anything about the red hair thing. I was totally kidding!!!

Connie said...

I like your hair coloer!
AND a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ELLA!!

The Fox Family said...

My parents always used to tease me about how my birthday was not just one day but ALL week. They blamed me, but it looks like the parents are to blame! It's just too fun to spoil your oldest and only little princess, right? I love the red carpet and Ella's fabulous "i just woke up" look. haha. Good job with the castle cake!!! How fun. Oh and I totally LOVE your hair!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Ella! 5? Wow!!! You did a great job on her cake. You can tell by the look on her face that she was in heaven with that ice cream cone. I love your hair color btw. really cute!!

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday ella! 5! What a cute cakem I'm impressed. I like your hairm it looks more brown than red. I need a better pic

Teryn said...

Happy Birthday Ella! Wow.. 5 years old. She's beautiful, the whole fam is beautiful ;) I've only seen the one picture, but I am a fan of you with darker hair.. looks way cute!

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Where did you get that cake idea? So cute. Sorry we missed the big day. We'll have to extend her "week" a little and give her a happy birthday call.

We only do a birthday party with friends every other year, which is really nice. And they don't get a party until they're a few years old, at least. Too much work for too little appreciation! :)