Tuesday, March 2, 2010

While I was out


Ella's pillowcase dress that she absolutely loves!

About three weeks ago I took off to Minnesota to visit one of my best friends and cousin- Katie. Who goes to Minnesota in February? I do. As long as there is an understanding that I will-under no circumstances- NOT go outside, get out of slippers, drink a lot of hot chocolate and have my own space heater. The terms were agreed to and so I went with Quincy in toe. Katie was the best hostess...she let me use and abuse her embroidery/applique machine. Here are some of the things that we (and I when I say "we" I mean "she" as in Katie) made.
Thank you to all of those who supported me in my endeavors to hone my sewing skills- Grandma Allred, Grandma Jewkes, Emily and my sweet husband who held the fort together.
And thanks Katie for having me!

So, while I was away freezing my buns off so were my kids! They had snow....again. Unbelievable. School was canceled for Ella and the kids and Jason built snowmen, made snow angels, were pulled on a sled behind a four wheeler, and rode snowboards down a hill.
I can't help but wonder what Emily and Ella were doing in the first picture. The robot? :) And I can't help but notice that poor baby Ella has no gloves on!!! Mom was NOT around. Good thing they had so much fun though!

Cute story of the year right here folks: So last night I was bathing the kids and doing the usual lather-them-up-and-down-with-lotion routine end Ella and pretty much crying with every body part I touched complaining that she had "owies" all over. By the way, this is the point of the night where we are ALL ready for bed. She was whining and complaining about her unseen owies and then specifically mentioned one on her hand. I looked. Nothing. Then she says with an overly dramatic sob, "I am getting soooo old". I about peed my pants. I guess all this talk of her turning five and being older and bigger has really gone to her head.

5 comments:

The Fox Family said...

WOAH! Please tell me how you made those ADORABLE things!! I had NO idea Katie had it in her...I will have to talk to her, Miss "i have nothing to post about!" sooo cute!!!

Rebecca said...

mom told me about all the stuff you made at katie's- i'm jealous! i would have loved a personal tutorial on the sewing machine! cute dress!

Meredith said...

both of those things you made are adorable!
Love the story....Ella is OLD!

Alicia said...

Fun fun! I'm sure that was a great much needed trip. You did an awesome job making the dress and shirt. I love it when kids make comments like "being old" it is so funny. You know they pick it up from us.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

ella's hilarious! by the way, we are pretending we're snowmen in that picture--isn't it obvious?:)