Friday, February 20, 2009

There's no place like....


We had a "WIzard of Oz" day on Wednesday. I took the kids to see "Bolt". There is something that makes me giggle when I watch my kids at the movie theater. Their eyes are big, mouths open, and attention spans captured. I wish I could have that effect. Anyway...we were just on our way out to our car when the manager of the theater ran over and told us to be careful because it was hailing and a tornado had touched down. I was just about to go out casually in that mess. As I looked closer out into the parking lot, I saw huge chunks of hail falling violently down. Shooting down rather. Here's a pic of what was coming down. It's baseball sized hail. Who cares about golfball sized hail! It was CRAZY! I even saw peices bigger than this on my way home. That night it was touch and go with our electricity. That night on the news, there was converage of the tornados. A reported ten tornadoes touched down in our area. One of which destroyed a church a few miles away. We were untouched. There's no place like home, for sure!

13 comments:

Meredith said...

that is amazing!! Glad y'all are safe..along with the rest of us. :)

Rebecca said...

I have never seen anything like that! That's amazing. Glad everyone was ok.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

That Hail is HUGE! Scary! I'm glad that you guys didn't get hurt!

Annica said...

Wow! I have never seen anything so big!!

The Fox Family said...

wow! That is the biggest hail i ever seen!

Teryn said...

Man.. glad you guys were left untouched! That weather reminds me of Texas... CRAZY! ha!

The Watkins said...

Holy Cow! That makes Texas sound good and I don't even remember ever seeing hail so big or having even one tornado close by. I'm so glad you guys are all right and "untouched." Does your car have hail damage now?

Jessica Sedgwick said...

I love all your Georgia comments. Those slug things are NASTY, that possum is disgusting, and that hail is SCARY! Do I miss it? No. :) Okay, I miss the spring and fall. And I miss you all!

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Holy Moly. I can't believe how big and sci fi looking that hail is. Did that damage your car?

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

10 tornadoes puts wizard of oz to shame!

The Allred Family said...

No, it didn't damage my car miraculously!

Lindsey said...

That is some cool looking hail. I can't believe that crazy weather you guys got!

Jill Bagley said...

at first when i saw the picture, i thought you were going to say that your kids found this crystal---or bought it at the kids museum or something, but then its HAIL????? what the HAIL?? :)
wow---that is seriously crazy. you better get your food storage and emergency stuff in high gear.
i guess we all had better do that. with the snow we had this winter, who knows what will happen next winter. i think portland is turning into alaska.