Monday, February 2, 2009

Georgia on my mind

Georgia..........sometimes....I just wanna leave. But then again, every state has it's downside, right? I have been dealing with Georgia red clay all week because Jason has been planting and it's been raining....yada, yada, yada. I ended up spending way too much time (thanks to my OCD nature) scrubbing my kitchen floors. As I was mopping, Jason put this container on the counter and asked me clean it out and then run it out to him. When I asked him what was in it he told me dirt. Right. Another reason to love Georgia.....grubs. Seriously, these things will make your stomach churn. Yes, they were/are alive. This is the type of thing fear factor tries to get people to eat. I put a pen in the corner so you could get an idea of how big these things really were. I LOVE Georgia. Oh...they were in the bottom of the pots that the trees came in.
We had playgroup this past week at my house. There were about 20 people attending including adults and children. Sufficient to say...my house was destroyed...but, all in the name of fun. These were the three newborns having the most fun. What a life. From left to right is Kyle Ethington, Ethan Hutchings and then Eric Johnson.






I thought this was so cute. I was organizing, cleaning out this dresser in Link's room and he took advantage of the empty space. And Ella....well, she took advantage of having the power to keep him in there.



We had a really fun family date night at the bowling alley. Link's face was priceless as the ball went down the lane. We got bumpers, thank goodness. Turns out, I needed that as much as the kids.

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

You should go down the street and catch some fish with those grubs! Those look juicy!

This is a cute post. Love your family date night! We need to steal that idea. My kids love to bowl.

Alicia said...

When you live in the south you can't run from the bugs!! I hate all the bugs too, but I hate it more when they try to come into my house. Yuck!! So how did you get rid of them? Toilet?

Love the pictures of the kids hiding in the dresser. We had one like that when we were little and we hid in it also. It created hours of fun.

What a great family night, and something the kids really enjoyed it looks like. We need to do more stuff like that, but just a little longer until Logan's old enough.

Rebecca said...

I need bumpers too. Those worms are disgusting. Imagine having of those swimming around inside you! Yuck!

J said...

Eww, grubs. Never see them here! Move to Montana!
So, did you cut Lincoln's hair? No more fauxhawk huh?
You are brave to have a play date at your house with that many people. I would go crazy. I can hardly stand having one other kid in my house that isn't my own! I have a little OCD like you I guess. I'm constantly worried about the house getting wrecked!

Annica said...

We had a family party and Ashley little girl got to go bowling for the first time. It was so fun to watch her! She liked rolling the ball off the ramp and then she would turn around and cheer for herself... she didn't actually get the point that you were supposed to knock stuff down, at first. It was adorable!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

we really should have used those grubs in our burrito! i love the bowling pics--i guess cooper would have fun doing that...maybe someday!

Anonymous said...

those grub worms are DISGUSTING!

Love the picture of the newbies. That was a crazy playgroup. Sorry your house was destroyed.

Jene and Megan said...

That pic of all the new babies turned out really cute! I'm stealing it off your blog...sorry!!

Rachel said...

I think I want to throw up...those worms look like something you'd pull out of a dead person's body. Sick.

Bowling night- what a good idea!

Hannah Stayner said...

I seriously want to puke. thanks for spoiling my dinner with those worm pics. hey, remember when you mailed me that frog!? ha ha I am laughing so hard at the memory of getting a dried up dead frog in the mail and knowing that you sent it alive. (that WAS you right??)

Anonymous said...

Claire I give you props for not gaging when Jason gave those worms to you! Also, how fun to have so many children at your house for a fun playdate. Bowling---oh I remember doing that back in the day, it will be fun when mine are old enough to be able to lift the ball. It looks like Georgia suits your family perfectly!