Friday, February 13, 2009

Georgia on my mind: Part Deux


Last night Jason was refinishing a bench in the garage. Tonight he went to go work on his car, changing the brakes. I was out there for morale, and he noticed this big piece of poo that had not been there the night before. We had quite the conversation about where that poo had come from. Ella? A cat? A ginormous mouse?? Who knew. Then he teased me that whatever produced that excrement could still be in there. I shuddered at the thought. About an hour later, he's still out there, tinkering away and he calls for me to come out. Above is what I see. Look very closely.




Yes, a possum. It had been "renting space" in our garage for a day. It left us two little piles of waste and chewed a huge hole in ou8r garbage. Jason wanted me to participate in cornering the rodent so it would run out. No way. So, he ended up chasing it out of the garage with the tool that every man needs for these type of situations- a broom. Thanks honey!!!!!

***Sometimes on Rachel Ray they have an animal segment. A possum was the star just a few days ago. I actually started empathizing with the possum. These poor partially blind animals that get run over due to their blindness. AW. Apparently they are quite smart. I have no sympathy now. Sorry! Crouch somewhere else possum!

14 comments:

The Allred Family said...

yeah, ZERO sympathy. i'm telling you, it's just a mini ROUS!

Amanda said...

That looks like a huge rat! gross. Between that rodent thing and those worms I am thinking that you need to move out of the GA country....

The Thomas Family said...

Holy cow! That's disgusting! Okay you have us beat with our mice. I'll take mice over a possum any day. Great pictures!

Lindsey said...

Opossums are the most disguting creatures. And they are MEAN! They are kind of cute as babies, though. Either way, that's nasty that it was in your garage.

Anonymous said...

opossums are DISGUSTING! I have a story to tell you about my aunt rescuing a litter...it's so gross!

The Allred Family said...

BTW- you can spell them opossum OR possum. Just another little facto about these nasty rodents.

Rachel said...

SICK!! I cannot believe the animals you have running around out there. Possums are like big, nasty, dirty rats. Did Jason want to catch it and keep it as a pet?

Rebecca said...

That's so gross! We had rats in our garage for a while- poop everywhere. we got rat poison and they were gone the next day. reminds me of my last prom when we caught a possum (i think that's what it was) at our house in a garbage can and then doorbell ditched with it, leaving it on mark tatum's doorstep. good times.that thing is u-g-l-y.

The Fox Family said...

that is so gross!! it's huge. I hope you werent the one to take the pictures..i wouldnt get anywhere near that thing. eww

J said...

I feel for you Claire! I get so scared and disgusted by all rodent creatures. When Mike was on his mission I think he sent me some pictures of possums he found with his companion. I can't say I was a big fan. :)

The Allred Family said...

YES, I DID TAKE THE PICTURE! CALL ME A SOUTHERN GIRL.

Hannah Stayner said...

I dont think there is any freakier animal. I would have DIED!!!

Erica said...

Claire you are hilarious! Well, sorry to report I am NOT pregnant, ahhahaha! That is awesome...I love those dreams that are so real that you really feel that you are there! I wish we could hang out and catch up! I love your blog-you seriously crack me up I love it! A possum? Yikes! I would FREAK!

Jill Bagley said...

ok---seriously---those grubs are DEE--SGUSTING!!
what was gods plan when he made those? one of the great mysteries. and also---i thought possums would be alot cuter in real life like how cute they are in books and cartoons. but really , it looks like the rodent in princess bride. i cant believe how huge that is.
i thought WE had wildlife problems here in oregon.
i guess i should be grateful for the peacocks and coyotes.