Tuesday, November 25, 2008

THE NEXT MONET


So I think Ella has some serious talent and I have NO idea where she got it from. I don't believe that I am looking at this subjectively, because I am fully aware that my children do NOT succeed at everything....believe me. Anyhow...I was totally surprised/impressed when Ella showed me this picture that she drew. When I asked her what it was she said it was a monkey. Ella is THREE. Am I being biased? I don't think so.....let me know if I am. I think we have a little artist on our hands. So cute!



This past weekend Emily and threw a Murder mystery dinner/party with a Halloween theme. I know...a little delayed. We had it scheduled a while back but it got cancelled. It was so fun. Everyone got into their characters and the night was a success. Here are some pics form the evening. Jason is obviously a dead sexy vampire and I am a pig looking pumpkin. It was a creepy mask but I cut off the bottom so i could do my favorite thing- EAT!

Enjoying a play date with Riley at our local library. The kiddos got to go in the fire truck. Link was actually scared, but Ella loved it.

Two weekends ago I got to go with Emily and our good friend Meredith to Time Out for Women in Nashville. Although I was drugged up on Lortab (thanks to dry sockets from my wisdom teeth....yes, I am eating humble pie. I know in a recent post I talked about how painless getting wisdom teeth out was. It was ...until I developed dry sockets...ugh)I vaguely remember aprts of the trip! :) Just kidding. We had so much fun just being together and being girls. Jason wins the dad on the month award. He not only had the kids and took exquisite care of them for almost three days, but he actually took them to a fun indoor park thing and cleaned the house so I could prepare for a guest.

The night we got home from Time out for Women, one of my best friends and cousin, Katie flew in from MN to visit for a week. I have had two friendships in life like this...the kind where you know what each other is thinking and you just get each other. Katie is one of those. It was soo fun to be together. This pic is taken at our favorite local BBQ restaurant, Cafe Pig. Delicious!!!
On a rather small sidenote...I would just like to say that Twilight was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Katie and I almost couldn't sit through it. UGH. The music, the development of relationships, the lack of digital enhancements....ugh. These were the top three worst moments of teh movie for me:
1) When Edward said to Bella, "come one little spider monkey"....Kaite and I busrt out laughing.
2) When Bella learns that Edward can practically fly and climb up trees, they aer on top of this tree adn she is climbing around on it like a circus act. Mr.Overprotective Edward would have never let her do that.
3) When Edward tells Bella that she is his life...I felt juvenile for participating in such a ridiculous movie. Seriously, Mr. Movie editor??? They have had about one conversation and one kiss. There was no chemistry and no relationship to the viewer at this point. I cringed when he said it.
4) When Edward and James are fighting in Ballet hall, Carlisle says, "remember who you are". Another cringe. Was that Stephenie Meyer's idea? CHEESE.
5) All in all, I could deal with the innaccuracies and loose interpretaions of the book (like the Cullen's house being this modern mansion when it's supposed to be this white plantation style home) but the part that was so bothersome to me and seriously lacking, was the character and relationship development.
Oh, I said three thins that bothered me didn't I? I guess I got off on a tangent. Sorry to all you die hard fans. It was entertaining, I will give say that. It just felt like a low-budget made for TV movie.

12 comments:

Jene and Megan said...

I'm glad you guys had a good turn out and had a lot of fun!! Jene and I are sad we missed out.

kateworthi said...

HILARIOUS! Sorry I haven't checked your blog until now - you know I suck at this.... ANyway, I did have SO much fun with you! I'm glad we got to hate Twilight together. Ugh... Um, Ella is a little Picaso, and I'm glad your party was fun! I was gonna call you to see how it turned out. On a random sidenote: I've been looking to buy ticket to ride since I got home, and I finally did find it - it is Freakin' expensive! Thanks for that... :) Again, tahnks for being such a gracious host! I love ya! XOXO. Kates

Lindsey said...

I am assuming I am that other friendship....lol.

That picture Ella drew is ADORABLE! Hazel can't do anything like that, so you should absolutely be impressed!

Annica said...

Thanks for your review of Twilight. Now I have some support for my not wanting to see the movie. :-)

Rachel said...

I totally agree with your critiques of the movie- I found myself looking away in embarrassment many times- mostly from the cheesy music they chose and the spider monkey comment was a bit ridiculous. But, all in all, I was entertained and I guess then, it served its purpose.

Rebecca said...

I haven't seen twilight yet, but Rachel said the same exact thing you did about it. nonetheless, i think im going to go see it this weekend. jason seriously looks scary in his vampire outfit. i've heard dry sockets is as bad as labor! ugh! sounds like you guys are keeping busy in g-town. happy t-day!

Alicia said...

What a cute little monkey picture. I think there is serious talent there. Most kids have eyes and ears in just random places. I"m glad I wasn't the only one disappointed with Twilight. I went with my family and they loved it, so I thought maybe I was being a little harsh. I thought they did a lousy job developing the characters relationships too. I also felt they tried to put humor in the movie, when lets face it's it is supposed to be a sappy love story. The book gave me total butterflies, and the the movie didn't do anything for me.

Anonymous said...

No, you're not being biased. Ella does have some drawing skills!! And, I totally forgot about him calling her spider monkey. At first I thought the movie was about what I expected, then the more I think about it, the more I am not that crazy about it. But, I still think Robert Pattinson is a babe. I don't care what anyone says. :)

Dixie and Drew said...

Sorry we could not make it to the party. I heard it was a blast. I still think Twilight was awesome!

Michelle said...

Murder Mystery Parties are a blast and I think you had the right idea with your costume. Tell Jason that he has a few of us girls envious :) Love you...

Patti said...

And how many times did you read the book to remember such details, lol!?! I've heard it's not out of the park or anything, but not too bad. I guess it's about managing expectations beforehand. :) Cute monkey pic... ask Andrea about her 3-year-old's drawings. Anyway, your life sounds so fun and busy. Thanks for the update. :)

Samantha said...

Hahaha. I love your twilight review. I totally agree with you! I saw it again, just in case I was being overly critical - big mistake!! It was worse the second time. I laughed so hard at the spider monkey comment too. "A lifetime movie," haha, perfect comparison!