Monday, August 11, 2008

HAPPY FIVE YEARS! WE SURVIVED!


Happy five years to us! Well, not technically yet. On August 23th. We celebrated early this year as we will be in Alaska around that time. We drive up to Gatlinburg ,TN for some good hillbilly fun. Seriously, we really stuck out in that town. At least I think/hope we did. All the stores were decked out in "redneck woman", John Deere and rebel flag paraphernalia. The scenery was beautiful and the town is so fun. There are about 5 "Ripley's" things to do. There's a Ripley's haunted adventure, Ripley's believe it or not museum, Ripley's putt-putt.....you get the idea. I swear, Ripley (whoever that is) owns that place. Personally, my favorite thing to do was to people watch. There are some redneck people there that are very interesting to look at and watch. I even found myself picking up my own dialect of "hillbilly talk".

This is at the "Ripley's" aquarium. I believed everything I saw. Ripley- you didn't fool me! This shark is just eyeing me. Probably salivating like we do when we see a good meal. I think it probably guesstimated that I had some good meat on my bones. Think: rump roast.

This is on the town trolley. Coolest thing- this trolley will take you anywhere you need to go for only fifty cents. As long as you have unlimited amount of time, no schedule, endless patience and an inclination to be squished (check out the man behind me with two kids on his lap)....it's perfect!



These two (blurry) pics are from the Ripley's Haunted adventure. This guy stands outside of the place on the sidewalk as people walk by and convinces people to come in by stalking them and dragging a shovel loudly behind him, glaring evilly. Totally in character. We rode this rickety elevator shaft type thing up to the entrance.




My other favorite thing to do (besides people watching) was playing putt-putt. We found this place called hillbilly golf. You ride this incline up the mountain and then play putt-putt on some greens placed strategically up and down the side of the mountain. It was really fun. Especially b/c I was beating Jason for the first half of the game. I lost it on a Par 2...I shot a 6. Ouch. Jason won by four. He wanted to take a pic of my stance. I know what your thinking..."with that stance how could she lose?". I was distracted by the sexy man on the tractor making eyes at me. "She thinks my tractor's sexy....". Yes, I do babe!

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

That guy with the shovel seriously looks scary. You look really skinny- apparently those krispie kremes didn't do much damage...:)

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

I should make you my writer, you're so clever! I was looking at you guys and thinking, they don't look like they're old enough to have been married for 5 years...well, maybe jason does!!

Dixie and Drew said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look so happy together. That guy with the shovel is super scary looking. I would not like to be standing next to him. Glad you guys had fun!

Ashley said...

you look so cute! it looks like you guys had alot of fun! I didnt realize there were so many Ripley's around, they are fun. Congrats on your 5 Years!

Teryn said...

Happy Anniversary Claire and Jason! Russ and I just celebrated our 5 year as well. Can you believe it's been 5 years since we were all single, living the careless life at BYU?! crazy!

Alicia said...

That's crazy you guys went there, because that's what we were thinking of doing for Christmas this year! Anyways congrats on 5 years, ours is coming up if I don't kill Dustin first. You are such a hottie, and I swear your hunny just get more handsome with age too! Love you guys!

Amanda said...

Congrats on your anniversary! You look super hot in your golf stance!

Lindsey said...

Are you losing weight? You look skinny!

Congrats on your anniversary.

J looks like he is flying in front of that tractor.

The Thomas Family said...

Ohhh how fun. You two really have a good time together don't you?!It looked like love was in the air. :) Ohh good times.

The Watkins said...

Congrats one staying married for 5 years. If your normal, I'm sure it wasn't all easy. :) It looks like ya'll had a great time together. Dale and I need to get out without Madison one of these days. So the work thing is really easy. I got to choose btwn. the 3-6 yr. old class or the front desk....and I actually took the front desk option. Being a full-time mother and a nursery music leader on Sunday, I figured there was nothing bad about getting paid to say hello to parents, play with kids on my time, and study for my BYU classes. It's great!! Madison is still adjusting, but it's good for her, she's already learned 2 more words this week: Boo-boo (has one on her knee) and MY, everything is MY or Mine! I love being a mom!!

Rachel said...

Congrats on making it!!! :) Looks like a fun trip- and oh so nice to do it without kids!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on hitting the five year mark...these days that is really something to be proud of. I am glad that you two took a day for just the two of you and left the kiddies behind...weren't we so much more fun people before we had kiddies??? Being a mom is great...but it is a ton of work!