Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birds and the Bees 101

Converstion with Ella as were having dinenr with our friends. They have a little five month old baby.
Ella: Mom, where did she get her baby from? The store? (She asks me this similar question every time I have anything...shoes, groceries etc. and usually the answer is, "the store".)
Me: No, Ella. She got her baby from her tummy. (I am not wanting to go into detials at this point in her fragile 3 year old life).
Ella: Mom, can I have a baby in my tummy?
Mom: No Ella. Not for a long time. Not until you're big.
Ella: But I am a big girl mommy. ( I assure her of this every time she goes to the bathroom in the toilet.)
Mom: Yes you are. But not big enough.

10 comments:

Teryn said...

haha... their little minds are so funny! Claira thinks that my bra is actually called my boobs. So anytime I don't have my bra on, she says, "mom, where did your boobs go??" Or when I have a funky bra on (when all my white or tan ones are dirty), she'll say, "Mom, you have pretty boobs today!" haha... I've explained to her a MILLION times that the colorful thing on my chest is actually a bra, holding the boobs.... she just laughs at me. haha.

Rebecca said...

awww, that's cute. sounds like you handled it well.

Annica said...

Haha! How precious!

Rachel said...

How funny! Some people do get their babies from the store- maybe you should have included that detail.

Jene and Megan said...

That's too cute!

Rachel said...

I think its time we got a poli-sci post from Jason on his thoughts about McCain's V.P. nominee and how it might fare for him in a few months. Also- what are his predictions for the winner?

Please!

Emily Rupp Sessions said...

We had a gret time with you guys. Cute blog!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

it seems like you have to give them the "talk" at a younger and younger age every year...

Freddie said...

Ha ha ,,,, or you could have said that Heavenly Father sent them the baby. Just a thought :)

Jill Bagley said...

Uh OH______looks like she is going to be putting the pressure on you to have another.
watch out. ruby was putting the pressure on me so bad to have a baby sister. and it broke my heart. so i had Lucille, and dont get me wrong, i love that baby to death, but i feel like im up to my eyeballs in kids right now. im sure its not that bad, but WOWAH, your Ella is only 3? i would definately wait a couple years.
its just because my boy is not three yet. and the terrible twos HAVE been terrible.