Sunday, July 27, 2008

Journal










So all you blog readers that read for entertainment....I invite you to skip my journal! :) You are more than welcome to read it. It is a little on the touchy/feely side. So with this family challenge has come many blessings. Who cares about the money (although I do plan on winning and getting it)! It has become a lot more than that. I have realized how caught up I was in the routines of my not so spiritual life. I was constantly feeling a little abandoned by the spirit. I did not want to think or believe that my mind and life was so full of nonsense and meaningless things. I was making no room for the Spirit or growth, and in actuality, I was the traitor, the "abandoner" of the Spirit- no longer a useful tool. But of course, I didn't see it as that. I LOVED this quote from the August issue of the Ensign from Spencer W. Kimball. It captures exactly what I am trying clumsily to say. It says, "I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away. If I immerse myself in the scriptures the distance narrows and the spirituality returns." I am So grateful that the Spirit is not as merciless as me. It doesn't give up on me. It doesn't say to me, when I finally come around, "You had your chance- too late!". I am so grateful that if i only immerse myself in the scriptures and forget myself for a small period of time a day, I can regain that relationship with the divine. And a divine ear will listen and a divine voice will speak. And it does. And life is so much better when I am immersing myself in the scriptures. Folks, I have found the key to happiness- the gospel. I momentarily forgot about its impact. When I am immersed in the gospel things fall into place, our Heavenly Father provides in every way, and there is peace and hope in the gospel. Sometimes it takes the strangest things or the most serendipitous events to help us remember to turn once again to gospel. In my case, this family challenge that initially motivated me because of money and competition has helped me grow and return to the foundation. It almost sounds as if I was inactive. No, I have just had a spiritual awakening that's all. I was in a bit of a fog before. I feel alert and I see clearly.
These pictures were taken after Ella returned from Sophia and Lillian's (her cousin) birthday party. Dagmar did the face painting- amazing I know! Ella was so excited about the party when she got home she was posing and smiling from ear to ear. I couldn't resist not posting ALL the pics!

12 comments:

kateworthi said...

Claire! You've been posting too much! I can't keep up! But, before I read this supposedly MUSHY post, I just have to say: I wish you would have won my drawing! I would have loved to give you a little gift. But I SWEAR! It was a TOTALLY random drawing! I literally drew names from a hat. So PUHLEASE! Don't hate me anymore.... :)

kateworthi said...

So, first of all, the pics ARE so freakin' cute. And second of all, your thoughts are so nice to read. I think that is something that all us can easily identify with. It is all too easy as busy moms, (or anyone) to forget to make time to enrich our lives spiritually. I know I go through major highs and lows in my spiritual strength. It's not like like I've ever stopped going to church, or fulfilling my callings - it's just that there are times when the Spirit is just more abundant in my life. And like you said, it's not because of HIS inconsistency, it's obviously mine. I totally agree that the key to peace and happiness in this life is living the gospel whole-heartedly. It is so nice to read that you're doing so well! It's just a nice feeling when you know you're happy. Really happy. I'm glad this challenge has given you a little lift! You're family is so good... :)

I've caught up below also, and written probably too much - so don't forget to check! :)

Rebecca said...

Claire- totally agree and i really enjoyed reading your thoughts, esp b/c i think we all feel that way. im in the same rut right now and reading the scrips 15 min+/day has really helped me too. thanks. ella looks just like you in those first few pics.

Amanda said...

Claire - So you are going to win the family challenge huh? We will see about that! haha
I can relate to your feelings too! I can tell a difference in my life now that I am consistently reading my scriptures and writing in my journal. Thanks for your thoughts!

Rachel said...

Ella looks exactly like you in those pics...it was the first thing I thought. I liked reading your post too- its always nice to be motivated to be better in the gospel. Lastly- thanks for making my little "announcement" on your blog post--I was going to announce it myself in the next couple of weeks, but it looks like you beat me to it...You're two-for-two on this pregnancy!! :)

Jene and Megan said...

We were sad that we couldn't make it to game night! Lately we've just been trying to get all this traveling done to see family and stuff before I get too big to want to go anywhere. I hope we have another game night soon!!

Anonymous said...

just what I needed to hear Claw! Thanks!

Rachel said...

Claire- I'm not worried about it...please don't feel bad about it. Its really not too big a deal- just more funny than anything that you've beat me to it twice. :) I'm sure most people already know anyways.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

nice post, put me to shame. i mean i've really, really enjoyed the changes in my life (for the most part, except looking at jacob's swedish fish and knowing i can't have one), but i need to stop and think about the differences it making in my life. thanks for making me think about it!

J said...

Okay, so I must've missed it. What exactly is the family challenge, and what is this about prize money?

I really enjoyed reading this post. I've recently been working on creating a more spiritual atmosphere in our home by making time for FHE and reading scriptures as a family. That's always been a struggle for us with our busy schedules. But we are really putting forth a lot of effort now and I can see a difference in our home. Kudos to you for achieving that "spiritual awakening" as you put it. It's really nice to hear about this personal part of your life.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Ella looks exactly like you in these pictures. Love that she has her face painted and is striking poses for you. I can't wait till my kiddies don't run away from the camera. Glad to hear you are remotivated in the gospel...it is so easy to just hang out for a while and before you know it you are regressing.

Rachel said...

I love your blog! And I love you even more. Mom