Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tea Party



Last weekend, Jason's sister Bessy cane home from her mission .Jason had been prepping the kids for days prior so by the time she got here, they were primed for Bessy time. Ella and Lincoln saw her the night she came in (Sunday). First thing the next day, Ella asked if Bessy could come and play at her house. Bess is VERY tiny and cute and so I think Ella thinks she's her friend. Anyway, so finally -after four days of begging- Bessy came over. She was the perfect playmate. She let Ella do her favorite thing; boss her around! Ella told Bethany what to wear and then what to eat at their tea party. So this pic is of Ella and Bessy having a tea party. Thanks for being such a good sport Bessy!!! You look hot in the fluorescent orange!
And now I just have to take a moment to brag on my husband. Jason is really good with is hands. He can try something for the first time and it will turn out beautifully. Case in point; he carved a duck and it was perfect. He landscaped our backyard (I have yet to blog about it) and built a stone wall- perfect. He's very talented with his hands. He'll be a great dentist. He definitely gets this talent from his dad. Anyway, so I bought this desk that you see in the pic at a garage sale. It did not look so hot. I wish I had a before pic. It looked dilapidated and very old and with a tacky 70's finish. So Jason sanded the entire thing down and then refinished it. We just bought the chair at IKEA (the easiest part of the plan for sure). Then he built and designed these shelves to go around it. WOW! My husband is amazing. I am so grateful for this money saving talent of his. There's a very long list of things he has built or fixed that I didn't even know he was capable of.

7 comments:

kateworthi said...

Oh My GOSH! I was scrolling through all the posts I missed first, looking at the pictures, and before I read the post - I thought, "When did Claire get that little hutch? It's adorable. I wish I had one like it..." Now I know that Jase built it! and I CAN'T get one like just like that. He IS so handy; it's amazing. Good job J. So cute. That corner really looks nice.

Rebecca said...

it looks so good and i really want to see a pic of your back yard. you are sooooo lucky that 1)he has the skill and 2) he's willing to use it. trust me, count your blessings

Rachel said...

That looks amazing! Good Job Jason. Is that in the room right off the kitchen? The chair matches the desk perfectly.

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a picture I took on that hutch! I know you love me! ha ha

J said...

i wish i was good at making stuff like that, and then we wouldn't have to buy everything brand new! i always see cool stuff at thrift shops and think, "if only i knew how to fix it up." i need to learn some skillz. because we all know, guys only want girfriends with skillz.

Alicia said...

Good job Jason. I love it when Dustin builds me stuff too. It makes ya just love them that much more for sharing their talents. Ella is adorable, and I love the face painting!

Lindsey said...

SOOOO adorable. Way to go Jason. I wish we lived there so he could teach my hubby to be talented.

Is that the little corner behind your kitchen? What a perfect spot for that. Looks so great.