Monday, July 21, 2008

Black booty





That's Ella's attemp to say "Black Beauty". It just makes me laugh. She calls any black or dark horse "Black Booty". So tonight for FHE the kids enjoyed a ride on the riding lawn mower (I know, we're country). Then we drove a couple miles to where there is a field of horses. Ella and Lincoln LOVE to feed and pet the horseys. We came home and bathed them then had a nice little lesson on President Monson.
Since this blog is serving as my journal for a family challenge I am participating in........I will share some my feelings on the article we talked about at FHE, "Heeding the Voice of the Prophets". I loved reading this article. It was a great source of comfort, strength and direction for me. We live in such a time of fear and worry. It consumes me at a times. I sometimes fall into the popular and growing feelings of panic and fear for the economy or other worldy worries. Then I am reminded that I have guidance. More than most people, thanks to the scriptures and the voices of the prophets and apostles. There's a great quote that says, "how many of us permit our fears to take control of our lives in this time of international tension, economic and political uncertainties, and personal challenge?". Are our fears taking control? Mine do sometimes. I often worry and fear about bringing more children into the world amongst these tumultuos times. Isn't that all the more reason to bring them here? To be set as a beacon. The article says, " There is no need to fear. We can have peace in our hearts and in our homes. We can each be an influence for good in this world." I feel so privileged to hear that voice of the prophet and to have a monthly publication that guides me and aids me as a mother and on my eternal path as a daughter of God. I love the prophet! And I love his guidance, counsel, and example!

8 comments:

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

Now that's a journal post. You ought to be proud to give yourself 2 points for that. I enjoyed your excerpt especially about being proud to bring children here as a beacon of light. Lord knows I'm doing my part!:)

Rebecca said...

Great post, Claire. I just had kind of the same epiphany last night. There are some GREAT articles about that very thing in the New Era this month. SO, so, so true. Thanks for the great post.

Erica said...

Claire I am SOOOO glad that you read my blog and post comments because every time I read them my self esteem boosts up like 1000%! You are the BEST! Next time we are both in Utah together we need to get together-me you and Abbey-and the other girls if they are there too!!!! That would be AWESOME!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Claire, I really enjoyed your post about your family home evening! I always worry about brining children into this world, it's scary, but I never thought as brining them to be a beacon of light!!! My sister Jamie did not have her baby yet! My blog is confusing sorry! Jamie is due at the end of November, I actually have 2 nieces named Olivia! One is Loni's and the other is my sister-in-laws!

Alicia said...

I used to think I was more country than you, but now I wonder since yall take family outings on lawn mowers!! To Cute!

Rik said...

claire!! i found you! haha how are things going? your two kids are so grown up already!

Dixie and Drew said...

Wow! That is really cool post. You are awesome, Claire. You have to tell me more about this family challenge. It sounds neat.

kateworthi said...

Oh Claire - you're an inspiration! That was such a peace-filled journal entry... it made me happy. And PS - what is up with REBA reading the New Era? Is she in YW or something? Props for that Reba! I have a tough time getting around to reading the stuff written for my age group, let alone above and beyond! :) You're good - really good.