Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Still cookin

Remember this? October 2010

 Yup- Ella can still wear this outfit she wore last year. Tiny little thing. I am thrilled though b/c its too cute to wear just one year! And check out these awesome gords! They are the prettiest ugly things. The kids think they are disgusting.
Don't get all excited now. The baby is still in there cookin' away. We just had a false alarm on Saturday night. I started having contractions around 11:00 pm. I wasn't about to jump the gun so I timed them for TWO hours. They were about two min. apart around 1 am. I knew it was unlike my previous labor (with Quincy they were so close together and progressed soooo fast) but I just figured this baby would take her time coming. Anyway, we called our poor neighbor, Debbie and she came over at 1am and stayed here through the night. Of course when I got to the hospital I had to go to triage where they make the decision if you are really in labor. They hooked me up with this flattering green smock and then connected me to the machines. Yup. Contractions. Strong ones every 2 min. After an hour there was no change in my cervix but I was still contracting. Weird. So they admitted me. Because I have had a c-section before they wanted to be extra cautious and watch me through the night due to the risk of uterine rupture. UGH. They pumped me full of fluids for about four hours. Finally around 5 am the contractions really slowed down much to my disappointment. Jason and I finally got a little rest. Then the next morning a doctor came in and wanted me to stay at the hospital ANOTHER night just to monitor me. Crazy folks. He was worried about uterine rupture. So Jason went home to relieve Debbie (and his mom at that point) while I enojoyed my night away. The End.

3 comments:

Robinson Family said...

I hope all the fluids made you more comfortable this week. Way to document all the excitement, so this baby will know what her mom went through for her. Let me know if you need anything.

Jene and Megan said...

Darn false alarms!! I bet you'll go soon after all those contractions...can't wait to see the lil gal!

Lauren said...

Good to know on the halloween costumes as I've always been too cheap to buy them based on their wearability. :)

good luck with baby - can't wait to hear about another beautiful allred child!