Saturday, September 10, 2011

I am in the mood...

For...FALL! This fall weather (that lets face it- will not last) has given me serious fall itch. I have taken out my fall decor and even made caramel apples with the kids today.



We have been enjoying the outdoors like no other. Eating on the porch, going to the park, etc.

Is it too early for fall decor? Perhaps. Oh well. I could not resist.

I have been searching and searching for a really great yellow. Our Master BR is like the restoration hardware color (that blueish, grayish, greenish) and I have wanted to put some yellow accents in. I have been wanting to paint this table above, our lamps, a mirror and some frames. And MAYBE even those shutter I picked up about a year at a garage sale.  I was scared. So, I followed a blogger's advice and painted something that was non-committal. Something that could be re-done. So, I bought some krylon spray paint today, put on a few coats (wearing a dress, 36 wks pregnant and looking crazy no doubt) and fell in love. The shade is perfect. I am officially obsessed. This is the table which is serving double duty as my fall decor table....for now.

These are our cute neighbor friends. How lucky are we that Henry (age 5) and Elizabeth (age 8) live directly across the street and go to our church? Soooo lucky. THEY were lucky today...coming over on caramel apple day. :)

Carry on fall lovers....carry on.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think it's fine to put fall decor out! I'm only resisting b/c I am in denial about winter coming soon- 8 months of dreaded utah winter. ugh. quincy is so cute!

Jene Johnson said...

I love it! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. The weather has been so nice lately too which is early for us Georgians. =)

The Fox Family said...

I just pulled my fall stuff out. Bring it on!