Thursday, June 9, 2011

Meanwhile...

I come to you with brief intermission from our Spain escapades to bring to you a special post. One with a lot of REALLY important things. Like.... pre-k and kindergarten graduation. What kind of mom would I be if I didn't post the pictures Grandma Jewkes took? :)

And right before we left Jason had his 34th birthday party at Whirly Ball of Atlanta- compliments of Mon and Dad Jewkes. The best birthday present ever! We loved it and we think our friends did too!








Jason in full concentration. I actually did scream, "SMILE!"...but I am pretty sure that getting the ball was significantly more important to him than my photo op.







Posted by PicasaLet me introduce you...to my party people -J LO



Yes, I just quoted Jennifer Lopez. So what.



Now on to those REALLY important things that I mentioned before....graduations. May I just say I think its ridiculous? I have to steal this conversation/quote below from my friend Teryn's blog but I SOOOOO relate to Mr. Incredible in this conversation and she relates more to Helen. Read on:

Helen: "I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation!!"



Bob: "It's not a graduation, he's moving from the fourth grade to the fifth grade."



Helen: "It's a ceremony."



Bob: "It's psychotic! They keep coming up with ways to celebrate mediocrity..."



-The Incredibles.

Call me what you will- "heartless", "unsentimental"....whatever. Its just how I feel. I would've gone if I would have been here....trust that. But I didn't not feel guilty missing it and I frankly think its a ridiculous charade of sorts.




Ella saying "adios" to ORRS ELEMENTARY. Hallelujah. I felt a lilttle negligent sending here there for her kindergarten year...but, what can I say? For the rest of her elementary education we will be in Augusta.




Lincoln standing next to his super excited and charming girlfriend at his pre-k graduation.




I guess he sang a song...about frogs. He couldn't remember it to sing it to me when I got home. Now THAT I would've liked to see/hear. Again, take a look at Mrs.Happy girlfriend in the background. What's the chip on HER shoulder? Sheesh. She'll get an opportunity to perform. They all do. Maybe she just misses Lincoln's presence. Whatever the case, she is NOT happy.



Ella is so proud of her brother for following in her footsteps through pre-k. The very same pre=k she attended last year. She's way beyond that now.





Ella's kindergarten teacher's aid- Mrs. Rivera.




Ella's teacher, Mrs. Samples.




Lincoln's teachers Mrs.Wanda and Mrs.Debbie. The cutest ladies ever!




Ella's graduation celebration. In her flamenco dress mind you.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Teryn said...

hahaha! Come on Claire.. you know you like a good pre-k/kindergarten graduation ;) Actually, I agree that it's not really necessary... but I do enjoy a good excuse to take a picture and capture a memory ;) Jason's 34th bday bash looks like a blast!

Lauren said...

I'm glad you feel this way - a guy I work with went to his son's kindergarten graduation and then returned to work. Upon describing it to us he resumed his teary moments all over again. He had been crying all day! tee hee.

to each his own I guess. :) who can worry about silly pre-k graduation when we're in exotic locations?? I don't blame you.