Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No longer an angel



I think my little Quincy is channeling a little AC/DC behavior- rebellion. Whatever it is...he has definitely turned over a new leaf. Although I am of course still crazy about the kid, my expressions of "Quincy, NO!" are already getting more and more frequent.
First of all, he has discovered not only how to open cupbaords but has discovered this specific cupboard which I desperately need to get clips on. There are a million tiny peices in this thing. It used to be Link's favorite play spot. He would pull out everything, several times a day. I am bracing for that. Or, I could be smart and just buy a clip from Wal-mart. But where's the fun in that?

My brother-in-law Billy was here about a week ago and he said the funniest, true-est thing about Quincy. He said Quincy has "dandelion" hair and he felt like if he just blew it and made a wish that wish would come true. So accurate of his little blond duck fuzz.

This is his most recent facial expression. He makes this when he is really excited. Which, bless his sweet little heart, is really often. He will flex all the muscles in his tiny adorable body and scream "AH!" and make this face.

He loves to stand on things now, wriggle out of my lap only to escape onto some filthy floor and crawl around. He loves to rip the floor guard fuzzy things off the bottoms of our kitchen stools and suck on them. Loves to suck on the shopping cart or movie theater seat. He is showing an increasing amount of interest in the stairs and he loves love loves to hit the spoon of baby food right out of my hands so it splatters artistically. FUN FUN. Oh, and play in the ashes of my fireplace. Oh, and now he cries when he goes to sleep (just for a minute or two) hoping that Daddy will come back. And he usually does.

But we love him.

Especially his adorable blue eyes and perma grin.


3 comments:

Jene and Megan said...

I can't even believe how big he's getting! I still think of him as a newborn..crazy! I love the description of "dandelion hair"..it fits! He's super cute, rebellious or not! =)

Lindsey said...

He is such a freaking doll.

Jessica Sedgwick said...

He is so cute--I can't wait to meet him! I love the pic of you kissing him. :)