Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Perceptive little guy

So you know how people have smells??? Not necessarily a bad thing (but oh...it can be). When you go into some one's house or even smell their clothes it's as if it's a virtual name tag. You can identify it immediately as belonging to that person. My husband lovingly tells me I have "the nose of a hound dog" so I am especially talented at detecting these identifying smells. Well, my sweet little perceptive boy Link also inherited my hound dog of a nose. Well, Link and Coop (cousin) both have these light blue Horton elephants that they mildly worship. They were both playing with them the other day when I was watching Coop. Coop innocently handed Link one of the elephants and this is the conversation that ensued:
Coop "Dee Doo (Link), here's your ephelant"
Link: "Oh, thanks. Wait (sniff sniff)...this is not my ephelant. It smell like you Pooker. It's yours."
Coop: (looking confused) "Oh, thanks."
Link: "Where's my ephelant?" Meanwhile wandering around looking for it. He finds it and smells it. "Oh, here it is. This one is mine".

I thought it was pretty funny.
Of course Ella wanted to be in the picture. No, she did not wear this beautifully tie-dyed shirt to school. There is a little boy at school who constantly spills water on her (a.k.a. flirting) and so this is the schools "uh-oh" shirt. I remember those days...I used to hit all the boys thinking they liked it.
Ella had to have a stuffed animal in a shot too.
My baby boy Quincy was one one month old on the 8th and I took this picture. I am a very delayed blogger...he's now 5 1/2 weeks old.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

love the smell story. So true!
Q is so cute and gigantic!!

Rachel said...

Quincy does look tons bigger- but still Jason's twin. I cannot believe their resemblance. I sure miss that Dee Doo- I can totally hear those words coming out of his mouth. how cute.

Alicia said...

Wow...Linc is a super sniffer too! That's too funny!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

that is so funny! i'm nervous around you now...i'm sure my "smell" is not that great!

Lindsey said...

LOL! Emily...you're silly. I've only smelled stinkiness from you 3 or 4 times before.
Hazel got my superpowered nose, too. She loves to point out the smelly kids in her class. :/

Rebecca said...

that's crazy about the elephants. where did we get that superhuman sense of smell from??

kateworthi said...

Quin is getting so big already! He's such a cutie! And that Link! Just like his mama - just like Emily said, I'm all self-conscious now. I'm pretty sure we have a smell! Yikes.

Jessica Sedgwick said...

It's a Jewkes thing...we all have strong senses of smell. But that's so funny about Lincoln. He's cute. Ella looks so cute in all her pics, too.

J said...

I love it! "It smell like you, Pooker." Ha ha ha ha. It's so funny!