Thursday, October 29, 2009

ROUND ONE
DING DING DING DING! THANKS FOR SCORING ALL THAT SWEET CANDY FOR ME KIDDOS! :) ELLA AND LINK GOT HOOKED UP AT GRANDMA'S TRUNK-OR-TREAT. THIS IS ROUND ONE OF FOUR FOR LINCOLN AND ONE OF FIVE FOR ELLA. PHEW! I KNOW HER MAKEUP IS A LITTLE DRAMATIC...I AM SURE IT'LL GET TONED DOWN THE MORE TIMES I DO IT. BY ROUND FOUR SHE'LL PROBABLY HAVE NOTHING ON. ELLA IS A FLAMENCO DANCER (COMPLIMENTS OF MY SISTER RACHEL WHO JUST GOT BACK FROM SPAIN) AND LINCOLN IS A PIRATE....AGAIN. THE COSTUME FITS STILL, HE LOVES IT AND AS THE AGE OLD SAYING GOES, "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT". I LIKE TO THINK OF THIS DYNAMIC DUO AS THE PIRATE WITH HIS LATIN LOVER. OK, THAT'S WEIRD, BUT DON'T THEY KIND OF GO TOGETHER?



ROUND TWO

The city of Hampton, where the dental office is located always hosts trick-or-treating up an down the street. Of course, we had to go. When a man asked Link the stereotypical question, "Who are you?" Lincoln replied as he ripped off his hat, "It's just me- Lincoln!". So cute.

ROUND THREE


This was at our ward's Halloween get together on Halloween. ANYWAY, BY THE TIME HALLOWEEN ACTUALLY ROLLED AROUND THIS WAS THE 5TH TIME ELLA HAD DRESSED UP. SHE DRESSED UP FOR SCHOOL AS WELL (ROUND FIVE FOR HER). SO WHEN SHE TOLD ME SHE WANTED TO BE A BALLERINA...I WAS THRILLED. THIS INVOLVED NO MAKE-UP! AND LINK SIMPLY WANTED TO PUT ON HIS FIREMAN COAT. THEY GOT NO ARGUMENTS FROM ME. THE PRESSURE TO LOOK CUTE ON HALLOWEEN WAS NON EXISTENT. YEAH! As the Young Men's president Jason was asked that they sponsor a game. He chose the donut game and the kids were thrilled. Ella has some serious donut-eating skills of which she got from me.
ROUND FOUR

YES, I HAVE A DOUBLE CHIN. I AM CHINNING FOR TWO! THAT WAS LAME. SORRY. WE ARE COMPARING STOMACHS HERE. THE KIDS THOUGH IT WAS FUNNY THAT HE HAD A BIG TUMMY, LIKE MOMMY. AND I THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY HILARIOUS HOW UNCOMFORTABLE JASON THOUGHT THIS WEIGHTLESS STOMACH WAS. HE KEPT COMPLAINING THAT IT INHIBITED HIS MOVEMENT. PLEASE.

PS- ON A SLIGHTLY BITTER SIDE NOTE... I WAS CERTAIN THIS BABY WOULD BE HERE BY HALLOWEEN. AFTER ALL, I HAD LINK TWO WEEKS EARLY. HERE I AM THOUGH WITH LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO GO. UGH. I HAD EVEN BOUGHT HIM A COSTUME. TIME TO RETURN IT! THE FULL MOON ISN'T DOING IT'S JOB EITHER.

11 comments:

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Thanks for the laughs, Claire! Jason looks hilarious, and I LOVE your shirt. ANd Ella and Link are both adorable. I think I'm getting lonely or something b/c I'm always checking people's blogs, and nobody except me seems to be updating! Oh, good luck with this baby! :)

J said...

That last picture cracked me up! Love Jason's billybob teeth and oh my, that BELLY! And Claire, that has to be the cutest prego halloween shirt I've ever seen. Props for being so darn cute, all of you!

Kenda said...

Your shirt turned out so cute. Good job girl! I am glad you were able to re-create it. I am happy you went with the bow tie though :)

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

i can't get over the shirt! i love it! i hope you kept that template so i can use it one day!

The Fox Family said...

I love your costume/shirt Claire! And wow your spanish exotic dancer is BEAUTIFUL!!! keep the boys away! ow ow.

Jene and Megan said...

I love your all of you Halloween pictures and costumes! You look great for how pregnant you are!! I can't wait to meet your little fella!

Alicia said...

haha your so cute, and definately the queen of wishful thinking. The baby will get here soon though! I LOVE your halloween shirt, and the kids look so dang cute. Linc is so funny saying it's just me. What a fun eventful Halloween.

Rebecca said...

how come your face doesn't double in size when you're pregnant?? You look really good! I'm so excited for you to have this baby!!!!

Rachel said...

I can't believe youre about to have a baby!! You really don't look like it...I was so big at the end that I probably looked like I might fall forward on my face with all that extra weight in the front. This post was so hilarious!! I miss Dee DOO! And, Ella looks FANTASTIC in that dress- I'm so glad she wore it- her makeup/hair looks so legit! And, I can see that Jason dressed up as a Griffinite...nice.

Lindsey said...

You guys all look so great. That is such a creative shirt! You made it?! Precious. What IS up with your face?! Why is it still so skinny? You look fantastic. Can't wait to see pics of that new baby. Do you have a name picked out?

Patti said...

That cracks me up about the whole "who are you?" question with Lincoln... like when he asked me, "Who ARE you?" (Except I wasn't in costume, just looking bad in the morning.) Ella's Spanish costume is adorable--the makeup totally made it.