Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Someday my prince will come....

Someday my prince will come. That seems to be Ella's mantra these days. She asks me about "her prince" at least a couple times a week. The other day she asked with a tone of exasperation and exhaustion, "Mom, when am I going to find my prince?". Then tonight she asked Jason the same thing and then said, "I think I am going to be shy about my prince". She is hung up on this prince idea and seems to think Lincoln could be her prince. She even asked me how she's going to find him. This is when I chimed in with the good old-fashioned talk about character and finding someone to take her to the temple. Never to early for that. We are a little concerned that she is totally boy crazy. And I might add, that all the boys in her class are crazy about her.

Lincoln has this wonderful (inherently male) habit of picking his nose whenever he is in the car or idle. So we were on our way to church and I noticed he was at work at his nose. He looked victoriously at his finger...he had definitely retrieved some matter from his nostrils. I handed him a kleenex and asked him to wipe it on there. To which he angrily replied, "No, Mom! I am looking at it!". Gross. Only boys. I have NEVER and I really mean NEVER seen Ella picking her nose.

One other absolutely note-worthy conversation I had with Ella this week. (Keep in mind I am very pregnant and getting bigger by the day.):
Ella: "Mommy, is your tummy gonna break when the baby comes out?"
Me: "No."
Ella: "Ooookay. Are you sure?" (I mean really, how else could it get out of there?)
Me: "Yes."
Ella: (with a tone of sudden enlightenment) "OOOOhhh, is it gonna go way down your toes and then come out?".
Me: (hardly restraining my laughs) "Kind of".


These three absolutely precious pics are pics of pics. Obviously. These are her school pictures that I was sure I would not get sucked into buying. How could I resist? I have no idea which one/s I will pick. They are all adorable.
And this is the picture I took when I dropped her off at school for picture day. I guess I was hoping the school ones would be so ugly that this would do.
Pumpkins were $.64 at Wal-Mart and the yelping and begging that ensued when my kids saw them ceased immediately when I decided to spend the $1.28 and fulfill their Halloween fantasies. So, they painted these with me and then the next night, when I was at a shower, they put hair, eyes, and all other parts on with Jason. They were such cute finished products. Then they were destroyed when Ella took hers to class for show-n-tell.

What's more fun than sharing chocolate chip cookie dough with your brother? Nothing.


Lincoln in need of a high-spin cleaning.
The kids and Cooper at a local animal rehabilitation center.

9 comments:

J said...

I wish we lived closer. *sigh*
It would be fun if Vessel and Lincoln could be playmates. They could be the best of friends, considering all the things they have in common(a.k.a.nose picking.) Those pictures of Ella ARE
way cute! I don't think you're a sucker for buying them. She looks more like you all the time!

Teryn said...

Love the stories, love the pictures, love the conversations..lol! Claira is currently obsessed with being a princess and making me pretend like I'm a prince! She wants to be the damsel in distress, I save her, then we have to "dance" bc that's how it goes in all her disney princess movies!

Alicia said...

I love hte prince stories. It's cute how little girls totally relate to the princess in Disney movies. I love all the pictures, and I don't blame you about hte school pictures. They are REALLY good. She looks so grown up. It's crazy that Ella is so big, it makes me sad that time flies so fast.

Rebecca said...

Finally! Another post! Cute pics of the kids. That's so funny about Ella and the price mumbojumbo. What is up with that? She's so cute.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

those pics are surprisingly cute. that middle one doesn't look much like her for some reason. those pumpkins were adorable!

Amanda said...

I can't believe how old Ella looks in her school pictures! Seriously, I just saw her...maybe it is the lighting. But they are very cute! I hope she finds her prince (like in 20 yrs).

Bethany said...

I used to think that Ella looked more like an Allred, but in her school pics she looks mostly Jewkes. Whoever she looks like, she is absolutely beautiful!

Jessica Sedgwick said...

LOL. I love the prince comments. And I love the conversation about the baby being born. You need to start reading, "How to talk to your child about sex" by a husband and wife with the last name Eyre. It helps answer all those kinds of questions (obviously age appropriate) from the time they are 3 up until teenage years. The pictures of Ella are very cute. And Lincoln is a total boy. :)

Lauren said...

oh those pics of ella are so unbelievably cute. I'd get them all - and I've never even seen her in person!