Monday, August 17, 2009

Catch-up

Just playing a little catch-up here. It's all in the name of my posterity. These events are quite old. About a month or more. I can't even remember. Jason's brother and his family came into town at the beginning of July. We visited Stone Mountain where the sweat flowed freely, the kids still have not stopped talking about the laser show where, in Ella's words, "the horses came alive (referring to the carvings on the mountain) and they ran and there were swords and fireworks". That's a perfect summary.




We even got to ride the train around the mountain. It's about a five mile journey that took about 30 minutes. You do the math. It was slow....but soooo fun. The is Lincoln and my other child Jason, watching in excitement as the train approaches to pick us up for our ride.
We also managed to visit the famous Georgia Aquarium. Another highlight for the kids.
Here we are with my sister-in-law's niece and nephew.
Link wishing he was a crocodile..or alligator...whichever. I can never keep them straight.
Looking up at the sharks in a tunnel where you are surrounded by all the sea life. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Allred! We had so much fun!

5 comments:

Teryn said...

We love the Georgia Aquarium! We just went there today! I wanted to get together while we were here.. but, it seems like Russ has us on a pretty tight schedule..darn! I hope all is we'll have to get together next time!

Rebecca said...

cute pics. i love stone mountain. i miss it!

Erica said...

Claire you are HILARIOUS. No of course not = that is not my house! It is the "dome" at Notre Dame in the fall. I WISH that was my house are you kidding me? No, we live in Connecticut where everything costs just about a bi-jillion dollars! I love your update and you look beautiful pregnant! When are you due?

Amanda said...

After all these years of living in GA I have never been to stone mountain - well at least not the laser show. sad huh? Cute picture of the kids on all your adventures.

kateworthi said...

aww. All the memories of Stone mtn. Fun. I haven't ever rode the train though - fun!
You look adorable. I don't remember you showing so much when I saw you in UT. I felt bad we didn't get to talk much.

Oh, and ditto on the crocodile/alligator situation!
Love ya!