Monday, April 13, 2009

Like a kid at Christmas, Jason came home from the practice round of the Master's glowing and looking completely fulfilled. He kept on saying he felt like he was in the Garden of Eden! He insisted there were no bugs, every piece of pine straw was in place and the grass was shining as if sprayed with a lacquer. It was so fun for him to go. His brother, Bo lives in Augusta while attending the Medical College of GA. He has been on the waiting list for the practice rounds for 4 years. His friend got tickets, couldn't go and so we were the lucky recipients. Thanks BO! So Jason got home and told me EVERY detail and I listened. Here's your little tutorial:

This is "Ike's tree". A very famous landmark on the course. President Eisenhower used to golf this course all the time and would often hit this tree. He petitioned to have it removed. Since then, it's been called "Ike's tree".
Phil Mickelson.
Even Tiger uses the restroom! AMAZING!!! :)
This is a famous bridge on the Master's course.
Azaleas....need I say more?
The "Shark", Greg Norman.
The famous Master's flag and flowery display of the great US.
Mike Weir. He's LDS and is from Canada. He won the Master's a couple years ago and actually putts with a hockey stick.
Jason thought I was crazy that I didn't know these three. They are the Babe Ruth's of golf. We have Jack Nicholas, Arnold Palmer, and Gary Player.
The "shark" again.




RRRRRRR. We know who this is.
And his bag. Funny guy.

GA's peacan trees. This is the regal entrance to the course.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is AWESOME!! I think that would be so much fun. My bro in law is a major golfer and was begging me to get him tickets when we lived in GA. I will have to show him your blog.
Your Easter pictures are cute - can't wait to see more.

Michelle said...

I can't believe he got all those pics! My dad would go CRAZY over this. We watched the Master's while he was in town and he kept saying "We are ONLY 2 hours away." I'm glad that Jason could be a part of it.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

i'm impressed you could remember all of those names! that's funny about the hockey stick putter...

Alicia said...

Wow!! I'm jealous I love golf!! I can't believe he got to see all the famous guys that close. Congrats Jason.

J said...

Wow, Jason must've been in heaven! Great pictures! I also loved the description of the grass looking as if it had been sprayed with laquer.