Monday, December 1, 2008

O Christmas Tree...



We did it again....we managed to get the most beautiful Christmas tree at an amazing price, while having an old fashioned experience. What more could you ask for? There is the GREATEST tree farm in Griffin. This is our 2nd year going to this farm....and it did not disappoint. We found this voluptuous beauty right away for meager $36 and some sweat on Jason's part. Call it love at first sight. We knew it would fit perfectly in our dining room window. Jason got down and cut down the tree like a real man. GRRRR.


VICTORY.......VICTORY!!!! You're so strong!!!

The following pictures slightly capture the excitement Ella has for Christmas trees, presents, candy canes, and all things festive. I have never seen her so excited for something. And, to my excitement and advantage, this is the first year we have been able to use this line, "Ella, you need to be a good girl so Santa will bring you presents.". IT WORKS!! I've been waiting for this year to come...when I could milk that line for all it's worth. When does that line take effect for the following year? February? Let me know.



Ella's idea of how to decorate a Christmas tree. All the decorations go on one branch, right mom?
Ready for church on Sunday.

The finished product...with lights only.

15 comments:

Abbey said...

Oh, I'm jealous. We got a dry old thing at a Smith's parking lot and spent $42! You definitely found yourself a beauty. I like the last pic...Jason looks like he's sporting a little bling on his ears. Nice.

Meredith said...

You have to tell me where this farm is!! We bought our tree for like $60 last year, and it was not even close to being as pretty as that one! Ella's face in those pics...priceless!

Annica said...

That really is a beautiful tree!

Amanda said...

Your fresh Christmas tree is awesome! You got such a great deal - at Publix real trees are $60 and don't look nearly as good as your tree.

Alicia said...

I love real trees! The smell is just great,and the picture of Ella's face are priceless. I can't wait till that line works on Logan too. Christmas time is just awesome!

Allred Family said...

Josh and I went to get a tree last night and the least expensive one was $80! Yikes! You got a steal!
Your pics look great!

Ashley said...

What fun! I have always had a fake tree, you guys are lucky!

Rebecca said...

Looks good! Trees are sooo expensive. We actually got a pretty nice one, though, for $44. How were the carnitas?

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

next year maybe we'll go with you and see if jake is man enough to cut through a trunk!

Lindsey said...

LOL about the lamp. That is hilarious. I suspected that was the case, but when you didn't respond I thought I must be wrong. So funny.

Ella's face in these pics is hilariously precious! Love her!

Erica said...

Ha-you are funny-your post on my blog. My sheets? Yes, they RETAILED for like 450 dollars but did I pay that? No way! I think we paid 60 dollars for king sheets! Score! They are like the only pair of nice sheets that we have. And PS you white trash? I would KILL to have a house-your home is BEAUITFUL!!!!! So, I'll trade you my sweet sheets for your house? Deal? C'mon!!!

Rachel said...

That tree really is beautiful...I can't believe how cheap it was- Ella does look excited! My kids decorated our tree too- hyper doesn't even begin to describe their excitement- I'm sure Ella was the same way. Its so fun.

Dixie and Drew said...

Nice tree! Growing up my family would go cut down a tree every year. Now Drew and I just stick with a fake tree. Ella does look really excited. Oh, to be a kid again!!

Jene and Megan said...

I love how you are so excited about using "the elves are watching you" and "Santa isn't going to come if you aren't good" lines!

Rebecca said...

We got Oliver's coat at Old Navy and it was cheap and it's probably even cheaper now. Oliver mostly just loves to take the decorations off and throw them. He's been pretty good, though, about not breaking anything and mostly just staying away.