Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas


This is Ella's new kitchen. She makes a mean lunch!


This is Lincoln's Thomas the train tent. When I put it on the list for Grandma and Grandpa Allred I had no idea we would have to build an addition to our house to fit it inside. OOPS!!

One of Lincoln's favorite toys. This was a tool box from Santa. It's awesome b/c the tool box actually looks a lot like Jason's. Link hasn't put it down since and the goggles....well, they don't come off the head.
Ella's Christmas loot from Santa. This year we celebrated Santa at Poppy and Grandma Jewkes' house. Santa knew we were there. Smart guy.
Link's loot.
The classic stair photo.
Allred Family getting ready to see what Santa brought.

Christmas...another one has flown by. This year I have to say it lacked a little bit of the Christmas spirit for me. Maybe it's because we weren't able to give as much as usual with the economy the way it was. We received a ton. I believe the age-old adage, "'tis far better to receive than to give". Yes, yes, it's true. We were the "Kranks" this year. SORRY!!!! It was so fun to see the kids rip open their presents. They were excited for about the first ten, then when Ella started saying, "I don't want that"...I knew it was too much. UGH. Maybe it was because almost everything I got her was from a garage sale. I take pride in that by the way. Here's my re-cap:
Sounds of Christmas
"Mommy....open!"
"I don't want THAT"
"When do we open more presents?"
"Can I have this candy?"
"That's mine!"
and
"Thank you" preceded by a , "_______ , say thank you".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That thomas tent is BIG!!! But, I'm sure he'll love playing in that. Can he put his bed inside?

Anonymous said...

We have that same thomas tent from about three years ago. It is obnoxious!
Sadie

Ashley said...

My parents gave Q a frog tent. Its Huge! The kids love it though, so its staying up for now.

Yahoo for garage sales! They are the best!

kateworthi said...

k, I TOTALLY felt the same. After presents are not fun anymore, you kinda start thinking - "Okay, I guess we just got WE too much - and we're totally spoiling our kids." We actually took like, 4 or 5 presents back downstairs before the boys opened them, b/c they didn't need them. I can save them for another holiday....
I love ya, I'm glad you had a good one!
PS - I LOVE the KRanks comment. you're so silly!

kateworthi said...

or WAY too much - I meant.

Jo said...

sounds like you guys had a good christmas. i agree= christmas did seem a little different this year b/c we weren't able to give much- seems like mom and dad always made such a bis deal out of that and it really does make a difference.

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh...those comments sound SO much like our Christmas. Hazel made many of the same comments.

Holy huge tent! And I'll bet Ella's in hog heaven with that kitchen.

Amanda said...

Your kids are funny! It looks like they got lots of good stuff from Santa :)