Monday, June 30, 2008

The Gospel of Ella

Ella is getting very articulate and is talking more and more. She has such a simple mind......it's so cute. I just love that children are told soemthing and they just accept it and then file it in their little brain. Here are some cute things she's said lately:
1) Last Monday we were having FHE and we were talking about Hagoth and how he was obedient to the prophet when buidling his ship and leaving (obscure person in the scrips, I know). So we related it to following our prophet. I asked Ella if she knew who the prophet was and she said no. Oh no, FAILURE!!! So I said, "The prophet is President Monson, can you say that?". She repeats, "President Monster". Yup. Perfect. Don't change a thing you cute little girl!
2) After church on Sunday (which makes me wonder what they are teaching her in nursery) she asked me this:
Ella: "Mommy, are all the Daddys the bosses of all the mommys?"
Me : (thinking in my mind, "heck no!") "No."
Ella: "But Daddy is the boss of you."
Me: "No he isn't." (where is she learning this blaspheme from?)
Ella: "Yes he is".
3) Ella came in last weekend complaining of her leg hurting. I asked her what happened. She said "I pushed Dee-Doo (lincoln)". Immediately, without gathering all the info, I reprimanded her for pushing brother. She looked sad and dropped her head and told me she was pushing him in the stroller. AWWWW. My heart fell apart, I felt so bad!!!! Push on ELLA!

9 comments:

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

if it makes you feel better, when you commented that pres monson was the prophet, i thought no he's not, it's pres hinckley. how sad is that???

Lindsey said...

Oh, Claire...I love you. Your comments are the only ones worth reading because they make me laugh.

Besides, I know that you are just as insecure of a mother as I am, but I have decided to be the bigger person and not put you down for your mothering tactics....

HA! As if.

What the crap? You couldn't let poor Ella elaborate a little before making her feel like a pile of poop?!

Kidding, of course, but you deserved that. :)

LOVE YOU!!!!!

Lindsey said...

BTW- That "Daddy is the boss" comment is pretty funny. My kids totally say that I am the boss of Daddy. They are so smart. They have it all figured out.

Alicia said...

How sweet it is to hear their thoughts. I can't wait to see that cute little lady and hear her sweet little voice. Her little comments made me giggle out loud when I read them!

Rebecca said...

I love these little gems from little kiddies. Sad about the stroller. And weird about the "Daddy is the boss" comment. Definitely not true in your case as least...!)j/k

kateworthi said...

Super cute. I haven't seen ella forever! I would love to hear her cute little voice.

And seriously, HAGOTH? Whose idea was that? Were you just bored with the typical Nephi, and Alma blah? :) Does she know all their stories from to back so you thought you'd change the pace? :) I can't stop laughing about that.

Anonymous said...

I wish when my kids were told something they just accepted it! Lucky you!
Sadie

The Watkins said...

so funny! Love to hear her thoughts. What a sweet little girl!

J said...

i loved the "president monster" thing! kids are so funny!