Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bear for Birthday Dinner









I wasn't a blogger back in Novemeber, so let me give a quick recap. Jason and his Dad are not big hunters. They grew up enjoying target practice, but never really being the hunting type. Anyway, they got this opportunity last November to go on a bear hunt with one of Bob's patients. Jason ended up shooting a 4oo lb black bear. I got the good end of the deal b/c my poor Mother-in-law has the pelt (fur, head, claws, etc.) in her freezer, while I was stuck with frozen, packaged bear steaks and roasts..... We have been waiting to pull them out on everyone and sneak them into dinner. So Satuday was Bob's b-day and we told him we were having steak (notice the grill pic) and chicken. Everyone that tried it loved it, saying, "this is some of the best steak ever". Even Lincoln couldn't resist it. HAHA!! When we told them it was bear they were good sports. Any of you who know the Jewkes clan well, know that they are picky eaters. So on Sunday we put it on the buffet for Dad's birthday dinner as well. Parker was the most enthused and would not stop complimenting the steak. Do you want to invite us to your dinner party??? What a great gift!!! And Happy Birthday to Poppy Jewkes and GiGi Allred!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

okay, now that i've actually seen the bear my stomach is beginning to turn and i might just up-chuck. that was good, real good. i had NO idea!

Rebecca said...

Wow-- so did you YOU try the bear steak? I don't know if I could do that. that's a crazy pic with the bear just hanging there...

Alicia said...

I'll buy the food when I come see you this summer...J/K If you says it's good I believe ya, and props to Jason for killing that HUGE thing.

The Allred Family said...

Yes, i did try the bear. You couldn't taste the difference.