Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Things like that happen


Today (Take into consideration it is mid-November) when I picked Lincoln up from Pre-K he was wearing his "emergency" clothes. (Which obviously have not been updated since the seasons have changed.) His teachers really couldn't give me details. They said he very discreetly got up during nap time and went into the bathroom and came out wearing this. They didn't ask him much because I think they didn't want to embarrass him. Missing out on details? Not my thing. I wanted to know everything. So I grilled him in the car. Not out of anger, but out of shear curiosity. There was not much going on in his underwear. Just the regular 4 year old skid marks. :)
So, when I asked him gently what happened I wanted to pee my pants I was laughing so hard when he responded, "Mom- I was having nap time and I was tooting a lot. Then a big toot came and it wasn't a toot. It was poop. Then there was green and so I changed my clothes." No shame. This boy makes me laugh so hard. He kept on asking me if I was laughing at him. To which I responded, "No. Things like that happen. I am smiling becasue you are SO cute". I know this may be TMI for a lot of you folks. But he's four- it pretty much gave me a good laugh every five minutes for the rest of the day. Oh, and for some reason he didn't put on new underwear (it was in there). So, I took a pic of the cutest bum crack ever.



While taking the pictures of Lincoln I got a little freaked out by the hundreds of birds flying above my head. See? It was a little Alfred Hitchcock-ish.

Did you know I teach Zumba? Yes. I do. I love it. Just thought I would put that out there because I forgot all about writing about this recent love affair. Here I am in my Zumba gear. I teach three times a week (twice at Praxis, an MMA studio, and once at my gym, Club Fitness on Saturdays) and am proud to say I usually burn about 750 calories per class. I get this count from my personalized polar watch. Not an estimation...a REAL count. WOOT WOOT! But...having said that...it is ALL about what you put into it. I have soooo found my calling in life.

I totally forgot to add this to Quincy's repoirtiore of skills on his birthday shout-out. He is skilled at blowing bubbles with his snot. Poor guy has FOUR teeth coming in and is getting over a sinus infection. The snot is endless.




Happy still. Ain't no thang.

PS- We had our first experience with bullying this week. Ella rides the bus home from kindergerten everyday. Her school is quite far and picking her up just is not an option. I have to get Lincoln everyday at the same time in the opposite direction. I never really wanted my five yera old to ride the bus....but, at the same time, it's kinda something that they just need to do at some point.... a rite of passage if you will. ANYWAY, she came home very sad on Monday. When I asked her why she told me a "big" (meaning old) boy on the bus told her he didn't like her smile. He told her the shape of her smile was ugly. Who says that? Can an elementary student really be so miserable that he has to tell a five year old that their smile is ugly? I wanted to crush that boy and swoop Ella up in my arms at the same time, overdoing it with compliments. I did the latter.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You KNOW how grossed out I am by those snot pics!! Way more than the tooting story. :) But, Q is still adorable! Are you losing a ton of weight doing zumba? I would NEVER go in a zumba class for fear of making a complete fool of myself, much less TEACH one!!! You're crazy. But, glad you have found your love!
Oh, and can't believe that story about Ella. I am terrified for Avery to go to school next year.

Rebecca said...

that's so sad about ella. i'd want to woop that boy too. that's really cool that you're teaching zumba. sometimes i watch zumba commercials at the gym and i think "there is NO way in the world I could make my body move like that." remember when julie todd and rachel kicked me out of their talent show dance group in 5th grade b/c i have no rhythm? ya, not much has changed. cute hair- did you color it?