Thursday, October 14, 2010

The kids are out for fall break this entire week PLUS next Monday. Do you hear disappointment in my voice? Nah.... :) It is very hard having them all at home when I am so used to them being at school for a portion of the day. So, we took advantage of their time off and went to the Atlanta zoo with our cousins.


Ella boarding the ridiculously short and over-priced train.


The kids LOVED the petting zoo.
They all had a very rushed haircut before zoo day. I hate it but Lincoln (the 3rd to get clipped) really suffered. See? His hair was getting soooo cute and long. I loved it and I totally butchered it. UGH. He doesn't even care. But I think he overheard me telling someone that I messed it up and he innocently/self-consciously asked, "Mom, what does my haircut look like?". I could've responded, "Well, Link, have you seen 'Dumb and Dumber'?".


These are our little baby birds trying to get a worm from their mommies.

Self-proclaimed super model Ella was kind enough to pose with her plebeian cousins. Get it girl!

Weird but somehow cute.








Even though this picture is hard to look b/c of the blurry factor, it's the cutest little facial expression I have ever seen. Oh my gosh....if only I could make a cast of this little face just like this. He's going to be one in less then a month. *Sniffle*. I CANNOT believe it. Everyone says that, but I am FO REAL. It seems like just last month that I had to wake Jason up at 3:15 a.m. to get him to take me to the hospital and then bam!- Quincy was here. I still find myself looking at the 0-3 mo. section in the baby dept. still thinking he might be able to fit into that size.






I just have to brag a little a give a little tip at the same time. So, I am not usually one to dress my kids up in holiday wear. Really, I am not. But if I see something cute and cheap, I will go for it. So every year I go out about 2-3 days after Halloween and shop all the bargains. Last year my best finds were at Marshall's. I found tons of AWESOME decor (and tasteful) and this cute 3 pc. outfit for $5. Can't beat that! Ella is in love with it.

Happy Fall Ya'll!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oliver has a perpetual dumb and dumber haircut so you can tell link he's not the only one. it's so fun that you get to go do that kind of stuff with all those cousins. nice pose ella- work it! quincy is so cute. i can't get over his darling little fuzz head.

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

I think Link is cute no matter how his mom cuts his hair! Miss all of them!

Meredith said...

love the bird's nest photo
Love Quincy-most adorable kid ever (well besides my own of course). ONE???? No way. I miss you and your kids.

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Good halloween finds, Claire. Ella looks so cute in her outfit. And I'm glad to know the 'vampire' hairline will grow out and look cute! I've been wondering how Ammon will handle the vampire look when he's older. I honestly never knew that Quincy had that, too. :)

Jill Bagley said...

Ella looks ADORABLE.
you must be a good mom because you take your kids to the zoo!! i never do.
love your baby---what a doll