Thursday, July 22, 2010

Of course, as usual, I really messed up the sequence of all of these things....but just hang in there. First, last weekend we got to go to Jackson Lake with Jason's family. We had so much fun. The kids (especially Ella- she was surprisingly daring) LOVED this tube/float. She would love it as we would all get flopped around while Lincoln would cry and say he wanted to get back on the boat. Ella couldn't go fast enough on the wave runner either. Her favorite riding companion (besides Jason) was her cousin Megan because she always (and I have about ten pics to prove this) had her thumb up indicating that she wanted to go faster.



I had to put this picture on because it was just another one of those funny daddy moments. I was sleeping in (hey...it was my turn) and I got up just in time to bolt out the door to the lake. Jason let Ella dress herself (which I let her do with some guidance and discussion). She decided that proper lake attire would be her etnies with socks and long capris and a t-shirt. No Ella. Try a sun dress. Cute girl. She was so happy with herself. Jason claimed that he didn't see anything wrong with it. I am a nag, I know.



The other night we went upstairs just to check on the kids before we went to sleep and I immediately smelled something rank. Of course Jason didn't....my powerful nose doesn't let things go by. It was Quincy, stinky as ever and just sleeping through all his nastiness. So I got him up and this is how he was. Sleeping hard as a rock on my shoulder. This never happens. So precious. Wide mouthed and everything.



Then we saw lincoln asleep in his bed just.like.this. We have found him in some very weird sleeping positions. This one takes the cake.



The kids took swimming lessons this past week. A success.


Can't resist taking a million pictures of Quincy. He changes everyday. He is officially crawling. I have to say he was the slowest. He started trying at 6 months and now finally at 8.5 months he finally did it. I was saying for 2.5 months straight , "He's almost there." These pics are all of his attempts. Taken about two weeks ago I was quite entertained one afternoon just observing him. I tried to capture one moment in particular where he kept on putting his bum high up in the air and trying to lurch forward. He tried several times and then in defeat he laid flat on the floor, face to the ground. I barely missed the discouraging moment with the camera but was glad I took a moment to watch him. It was darling.







You know this position...they all do it.


Here we go way back to July 4th. We spent a really fun day at the Allred's riding four wheelers, swimming, riding horses, eating, and then Ben's friend, Danny, lit off a slew of fireworks that would have rivaled any city show. He lit them right over the Allred's lake.



The Peachtree City fourth of July parade with Hayden and Izzy- cousins.

This was our pre-fourth firework show taken mid June. These are Ella's pj's only- promise. And if anyone cares, I bought this little outfit in St. Thomas. There really wasn't a lot in this one market place. I thought they would be ok pj's. Little did I know it was a little belly shirt. Oh well. The girl can pull it off. :)



The cutest roundest bum ever. Even he has cellulite. Thank you Quincy for making me feel good about myself today.



Now we are really going back. All the way back to the week of June 11. It was the first of four weeks that I totally took advantage of the kind-hearted Christains around here and sent my kids off to the free Vacation Bible schools. My mom did the same thing- to all ELEVEN of us. Poor Dunwoody Baptist church. Anyway, we were on the VBS circuit. We hit everyone within a 20 mile radius. There were a few other familiar faces at all of them too, besides Cooper. Some other mothers look to VBS as an escape. I have to say we were all thrilled. They learned all about Bible things and sang cute outrageous songs about weird things while I got a break from 9-1 everyday for four weeks. Emily and I would switch off taking/picking up. It was perfect. This week's theme was "Saddle Ridge". Ella wore her cowgirl boots everyday. And at every VBS, at the end of the week they would have a performance on Friday night for the parents where the kids would sing all the songs they learned. That's what the above picture is. I think it's funny because Ella is of course doing exactly what she is supposed to be doing and singing with exuberance while Lincoln is looking bored and mischevious as ever and practically pushing his neighbor off the stage and then our friend Maggie from our ward (on his right) is giving him the "pay attention look". So funny and totally characteristic of these three buddies.

7 comments:

Jene and Megan said...

You have been a busy girl..as usual! Your pics are so cute and I can't believe Quincy is 8.5 months!! That seems crazy!! Hope to see you soon!

Rachel said...

Too many posts...don't know where to start.

Quincy is so dang cute. Lincoln sleeping in the bed makes my back hurt just looking at it. VBS is a lifesaver- too bad I realized about two weeks too late. I only registered my kids for two weeks. And, most of the time its not completely free- bummer.

Rebecca said...

i wish we had VBS out here! 9-1! That's crazy! Quincy is so cute! I love how fuzzy-wuzzy he is. 8.5 months to crawl? Girl, that's fast. My kids don't crawl til almost a year. Amelia still isn't even walking at over 16 months. They all get there eventually. Funny post. Cute kids.

Anonymous said...

Quincy is precious. PRECIOUS!
But, I have to say, when I saw that pic of Ella in that outfit, I studied it for a minute thinking, "Why did Claire dress her like that?" This was before I read what you wrote below which then made everything clear. LOL. SOO funny.
I miss you.

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Quincy is so adorable, I just want to squeeze him. I still haven't even met the kid! And I think crawling at 8.5 months is early, too! My kids were all at least 9 months. And you know how amazingly talented and smart they all are, so there's nothing wrong with that! J/K

Girl, you need to buy a few sizes bigger for Ella. It will help her look not so teeny tiny. Don't you love the clothes they pick out for themselves? Good thing they have wise mothers to guide their poor decisions. I'm a nag, too, if it makes you feel better. But sometimes you really just gotta laugh and love the lack of inhibition in kids.

I love Lincoln's sleeping position! It must be nice to be able to sleep so easily (I'm especially jealous being 38 weeks pregnant).

Thanks for posting so many fun pics! I like to hear about what's going on.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

VBS. Lol. Poor VBS getting all the Mormon Jewkes' who are just looking for some free mommy time. Good form. Serves them right; mean evangelicals.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

lincoln looks so tiny next to maggie. i love the pics on the horses. i so wish i had gone to that family night!