Sunday, May 9, 2010

Money Can't Buy This....



Jason gave the perfect gift/s for Mother's Day. You tell me if you agree:

1. Sleeping in
2. NOT getting ONE kid ready for church or even feeding them
3. Not packing the church bag
4. Breakfast in bed(with hot BB muffins) and then going back to sleep
5. Not taking Quincy to YW with me and actually being able to listen to an awesome lesson on temple marriages. Oh, and giving my two cents which really ended up being more like 2 dollars since I ALWAYS contribute too much.
6. Not taking one kids out during sacrament.
7. Not taking the kids to the bathroom in sacrament. (This meant I actually got to listen)
8. Not cooking lunch or cleaning up after
9. Not putting the kids down for a nap but only putting myself down for a nap
10. Not getting up ONCE during that three hour nap to do one of the following: put Q's binky in, tell the kids to get back in their room, wipe their bums, or tall them to press play AGAIN on their DVD player.
11. Not cooking dinner or fixing the kids plates or cleaning up after dinner.

I am sure there are lots of things I forgot that Jason did with a huge smile on face. Money cannot buy this kind of present. And at the end of the day when he apologized for hnot getting something monetary, I scoffed. A day off is the best kind of present ever. And it was very funny to watch FOUR men (Dad, Jake, Jordan and Jason) cook dinner with all the kids running around them. We didn't lift a finger. It was comical. THANK YOU SWEETHEART!!!!

PS- The icing on the cake for me is 1-having such an amazing (truly) mommy and being surrounded by so many inspirational mothers. Not to be trite- but it's true. 2- Also, I laughed hysterically when Ella asked me after giving me breakfast in bed, "Mommy, is Mother's Day when you get to lay in bed all day and we bring you stuff?". ALAS!!! An improvement to be made upon this year's celebrations. Next year I will lay in bed all day. Thank you for giving me this revelation Ella 3- Having such exciting kids (I hesitate to use the word perfect because my kids are just normal kids, but they do bring lots of excitement into my life). And when Ella said the prayer for our lunch and said this: "Thank you Heavenly Father that Grandma could stop going on trips so we can give her hugs" it made my heart swell with pride.

6 comments:

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

man, that does sound nice! i think next year we should petition to move mother's day to any day but sunday so we actually get a day off!:)

Jill Bagley said...

amen sista!!! i hate that mothers day is on a sunday!!! did i say hate?? i mean detest---loathe--despise!!!! no brunch for us!! and we get to be punished for obeying the observance of the sabbath????
a man must have surely devised this plan. as to ruin the day for mothers.---or surely it was a non-religious-----non-sabbath worshipping person.

that is awesome that Jason did all that for you. my husband didnt, but since he went shopping all day yesterday, and bought me awesome gifts, he stayed up until 4 am doing his gospel doc--lesson. which was an awesome lesson. so i forgave him for being a bump on a log. and i let him sleep all day after church. but i was so happy anyway because he got me my favorite chocolates and even cleaned out my car yesterday!! hooray for our husbands for having a clue this mothers day!! that must mean that we are awesome wives that we can train them.;) ha ha

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day...glad that you documented all the nice things that Jason did for you! Sounds like you had the perfect day as you should have. :)

Connie said...

Oh how I love little Ella!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Can I send Wade back so Jason can train him? Oh wait, he is untrainable! JK
My Mother's Day gift from him was to go to a new gracery store in town that he detest! He was going to get me flowers at Costco and I told him to wait until Monday and I can get them at Smith's for way cheap! What a great guy I married!

Jessica Sedgwick said...

I always think it's so ironic that we want to spend Mothers Day NOT being a mother. :) I'm the same way, and since Dave had to prepare his Mothers Day talk for sacrament meeting before church, I had to "be a mother" most of the morning (after my wonderful breakfast in bed celebrations with the kids' cute homemade cards and gifts). Unfortunately, it made for a less than perfect mother's day. But Dave more than made up for it with his amazing dinner after church. I just think it's ironic. My goal is to get to the point that I WANT to spend Mother's Day being a mom. :)
p.s. I told our bishopric member that asked Dave to speak that he is never allowed to speak on Mother's Day again. ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I am with Jill. I don't enjoy mothers day being on a Sunday because it tends to be my most stressful day of the week. That is great that you got to relax all day and enjoy. I am a little to much of a control freak to allow that at my house. I am afraid of what I would wake up to.