Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DRAMA!!!




These pictures are from Luke's sealing to my sister Emily's family. They adopted him last January and the paperwork was finally finished and he was able to be sealed to them. It was so sweet to be present for that. On a side note; Yes, I got bangs. I needed a change.
Link helping Daddy change the oil. Precious.
When I put on this shirt that morning Link told me it was a police car shirt. I didn't understand why he kept calling it that. Then I saw him pointing at the cut little patch. He thinks it's a badge. CUTE! I didn't even realize he knew what a police uniform looks like. Smart boy. This is him yelling, "NO!" when I asked him if I could take a picture. Another genuine moment from Dee Doo.
Did I mention we went on the amphibian at Jason's parents' house over the holidays? This machine is soooooooo fun. Thank you Mom and Dad Allred!!!!

Now, to the title of this post. I went to TX last week for the entire week- from Monday to Monday. It was sooo much fun and included lots of unwanted drama. I'll get to that in a while. These little helpers are helping Grandma Becky make lemon bars. She's so patient. I just don't have it in me to let kids do that stuff...definitely something I need to work on. I cannot even begin to explain the amount of fun and bossing around Ella had at the Crofts with Kate and Tayler. We went there to welcome my sister Rachel's little Lauren. Ella was in heaven.
This is a little elephant Ella wrapped in a warm "blanket". Such a little mommy.

Before I went to Rachel's mom dropped me off at one of my best friends' house- Alicia (top). It was just like old times. Laughing, eating, & shopping. At least that was the plan until one fateful night we went to eat at On the Border. We got there at 9:40. The place closes at 10. PHEW! Just in time! Alicia and I were thoroughly enjoying our bordurrito when my teeth clenched something unmistakeably metal. As I re-opened my mouth and examined my burrito I saw a metal something. I pulled it out and we soon realized that it is a blade. Yes a blade. Long story short I am fine. On the Border is sorry for almost killing me and thought they could ease my pain and suffering with $10 gift certificates. I was fine with that until the next day I got thoroughly sick. And I'd like to give a little shout out to Alicia who took care of my children happily for several days. You're the best! Anyway, I went to the doctor only to come to the conclusion that they lost my urine (sorry to be explicit) culture and couldn't verify whether or not I had any kind of serious infection (i.e. e coli). So basically, I was gonna get some sweet moola for my pain and suffering and now I am not because of some idiot doctor. So I spent the bulk of my less than glorious vacation with extreme back pain, headache, nausea, and vomiting. UGH. Thanks On the Border! Can I make reservations to use those gift certificates???? And I know what you're all thinking.....and no- there is nothing I can do about it.
So one of the nights when I was racked with nausea, I pulled my self out of bed and Alicia and I met with our old college roommate. Looking at this picture (above)...yeah, I look sick and nasty. But it was SOOOOOOOO fun to get together with Angela. She is optimistic and fun to be around. Her bluntness is refreshing and exciting. Thanks Ang!
The community bath/pee tub. You know how that goes. This is Logan, Alicia's little boy on the right. Cute little buy. He was so good at sharing all his toys with my possessive lovely children.

20 comments:

Amanda said...

You look really cute - you know how to work the bangs. Crazy story about the blade in your burrito. Jordan told me about it. ugh. Good thing you have that $10 g/c!
Cute pictures of your kiddos. Where is the pictures of sweet little Lauren?

Lindsey said...

I love how you only comment on my blog when you want me to come look at yours! LOL. You are such a brat. Kidding....sort of.

I love your bangs. You totally look cute with bangs (something I can't claim about myself).

I can't believe you are not taking further action with OTB. I would totally get more out of them. And what kind of doctor are you going to that randomly loses pee?! That's just too much.

I love On The Border.

Lindsey said...

and your kids look adorable in those temple pics.

The Thomas Family said...

No wonder why most of the On the Borders went out of business. Scary story.
We all were wondering where you were at play group last week. Sounded like fun. By the way play group is at my house tomorrow. Hope you can make it. It just isn't the same with out you. :)
I love your bangs. VERY VERY cute!!

Ashley said...

I have never been to an On the Border before, so I have no idea how they are, but cant you sue them? wow, I would have been very upset because I am sure that the blade probably wasn't clean... ewwww.

I am glad you are ok. Sorry that that had to happen to you. yikes.

Dixie and Drew said...

That is so crazy. I would be freaking out. Geez. . .I am glad you are ok. What a story. I love your bangs, very cute.

Erica said...

Claire! I love the bangs-you look BEAUTIFUL in these photos and your kids are just so adorable and growing up so fast! Isn't the sealing of a child to their parents the sweetest thing you've ever seen? It's like nothing else. Congrats to your sister and her family! I hope that you are doing awesome! Miss ya!

Bryan and Julie Schock said...

Claire, I love your bangs!! Sorry to hear about On the Border. I would try to pursue this a little more too! I love coming to your blog b/c you are so creative! I will bring you cake the next time I see ya, ok!!

Teryn said...

Oh My Gosh! If people can go after McDonalds for their coffee being too hot... I'm sure there's some lawyer out there that would be willing to hear your almost choking on a BLADE story and he would probably find that pee sample for you! haha! Wow.. seriously though, that is actually a really big deal! I would look into it more as well! Other than that, it sounds like you had a great time with alicia, wish I was there :)

The Watkins said...

I can't believe they lost your pee!! I am so glad I got to be a part of your "drama" week. Too bad I was so sick and Ella was a handful, we might have had more time to chat. I had lots of fun at Cheddars! After 10 days straight of throwing up, I finally called the Dr. last night and they ordered me a prescription. I think it is helping. At least I got to eat breakfast this morning and it is staying in!! :) If you ever move to Texas, I mean, travel (hee hee) we will have to get together again! Thanks for visiting me!!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

i love the classic dee-do moment of him telling you not to take a pic. yeah, all of the OTB have closed down in georgia, i never thought the place was that great. glad to have you guys back!

Rebecca said...

Pee tub?? Gross! I can't believe that dumb dr! I can't believe On the Border! It sounded really awful. Alicia is a good woman for taking care of you and your kids for that time. Cut pics on Rachel's blog btw.

J said...

Okay, so it was like a razor blade in your burrito? For real? The thought of it just makes me sick! That place should be on Kitchen Nightmares! Hearing stuff like that makes me never want to eat out at restaurants. Icky....

Jene and Megan said...

Ok, I don't think I will be eating at On the Border any time soon! That's scary!! I'm glad that you are ok though.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, Claire! A blade? That is CRAZY!!!

Lindsey said...

GEEZ, Claire. Chill out! I was only kidding. That definitely didn't deserve the ESSAY you left in my comments. LOL. You know I love making you mad.

Lindsey said...

Just looked at your kid's pics on Rachel's blog. SO cute. I LOVE the one of Ella looking away from the camera..those little cowgirl boots kill me!

And I'm pretty sure you are one of the people that gave me a hard time about the pic of my kids kissing on the lips. What is up with thaT?! Even a professional photographer thinks that's cute. So therE!

The Child Family said...

hey Clair, I found your blog through Emily. you have the cutest kids!!! I'm so sorry about the blade incident, and it's too bad you can't sue the restaurant and retire forever :)
It was good to see you in GA. I really wanted to see your gorgeous house. Next time, I guess.
See ya later
Jamie

The Fox Family said...

i love your bangs!! And AHH!...never eating at on the Border again. That's a little diffrent than just a hair or something in your food...not only is it gross it's scary!

kateworthi said...

Well, since everyone's said what I wanted to say - I'll just say that I'm so sorry. What a terrible experience - so scary! Have you fully recovered? Do you think it was e.coli? I really think you can still pursue this legally. You deserve a little more than those $10 gcs. What a terrible manager that they didn't do more. I guess that's why there was a blade in the food though...
You're kids are cute, and so are you and your bangs. I'm glad you got to see Rach and the new baby, and Alicia - and Angela.