Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend







You guys wanted to see ALL the pictures from our weekend, right??? :) We went to Lake Lanier with the Allred's on Friday and Saturday. We really shouldn't call it camping seeing that we stayed in their five star RV and ate waffles, eggs, and bacon for breakfast and watched DVD's at night. Roughin it, right??? We had fun. Three memorable things:
1. Georgia red clay...for all you folks familiar with GA, you know exactly what I am talking about. But you guys not familiar, GA is infamous for it's red clay. And it's everywhere. So our campsite was surrounded by the stuff. I gave up on keeping the kids clean after about 5 miniutes. When we were on our way home I looked at Lincoln's fingernails and it appeared as is had been living on a diet of cheetos for years. That's how bad his feet and hands were. I went immediately home and threw everything in the washer.
2. Lincoln took the wheel on the boat.....Jason was helpless. They loved just feeling the wind. On Grandpa's boat there is a bell that they loved ringing. It was so fun to see them have a new experience.
3. We had so much fun on the jet ski together. Ella and Lincoln were expressionless....but we knew they were lovin it. They were just taking it all in.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Boating is soo much fun!! The kids look like they are having a blast, and I bet it was soo cute to see them on the jet ski. Glad you guys had a wonderful weekend!!

Amanda said...

You forgot the best part, seeing us! haha. Boating is way fun and the food your mother-in-law made sounds so yummy! I am still thinking about those candy bar brownies!

Rebecca said...

I'm sooo jealous! It looks like so much fun! Funny about the red clay and cheetos.

Jene and Megan said...

I would love to bring you all back some Cafe Rio but I am being very selfish and eating it all myself!! They really need to go National. They are all over in Utah.

kateworthi said...

Looks super fun Claire! I wish we had means, (like inlaws :) to do the boating-thing more often. It's so fun. An RV would be right up my alley as well! Boating reminds me of my days with Devon and his wakeboarding obsession! Ha ha. Remember our good times together? (I only say that b/c you were there too - and WE had good times, not referring to me and Devon - not be be rude, but I really don't miss him. I'm very happy with Dougie!) :) Did you follow any of that? Sorry. Anyway, your kids are so dang cute and so are you! You look hot in the bathing suit and lifejacket!

Rachel said...

oh my gosh- that looks like SO much fun! We didn't even try to go boating over the weekend b/c of the traffic- but it doesn't look like you guys ran into much. So nice!

Sara and Spencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Bagley said...

wow, im impressed that you posted this blog from your weekend already. are you becoming a blog addict?
speaking of addicts, i loved your comments on the chocolate stuff. the only reason why i have expensive taste in chocolate is because i spent so many years eating it ( and you are younger than i, so you have a few years before your figure goes) that i got fat, and i realized i couldnt eat it at the pace i was . so i had to switch to the good stuff to get more flavor in less calories. you know what i mean? and im really disgusted by Katie saying that she doesnt have to watch calories, and doesnt care about fat. JUST WAIT A FEW YEARS, AND HAVE A FEW MORE BABIES KATIE!!!
ha, that will show her :)

Hannah Stayner said...

I am dying to go boating. Thanks for rubbing it in! lol. It was cold and rainy here for Mem. day.

sweeeeet.