Thursday, May 29, 2008

Butty-fly




Meredith Ethington and I got together to scrapbook today and on her way out she found a less than vivacious butty-fly (as Ella calls it) limping around sadly on the drive-way. It was a beautiful Monarch Butterfly. Immediately Ella started talking to it in a very sing-song, high-pitched motherly voice. Telling it it would be ok. She was very concerned and seemd to understand exactly what we were talking about when we said it's wing was injured. She successfully got it on a stick but refused to hold it. I even tried to put it in a jar but her motherly instincts told me that the butty-fly did not want to be in a jar. I am sure she's right. Here are some pics.
ATTN: No animals were hurt in the posting of this blog.

A Meredith inspired scrapbooking page!

11 comments:

Hillarys little Paynes said...

little girls are so sweet. that is very different than the response my boys would have given. haha what a cutie she is and cute scapbooking too.

Rebecca said...

Ella is so cute! And, REALLY cute page, Claire.

Rachel said...

Cute scrapbook page! My kids would have LOVED that butterfly too- how perfect to have found one that you can hold! :)

The Fox Family said...

those butterfly pics with ella are so precious. she is a doll. And NICe scrapbook page! I love it!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

LOVE the page! wish i could have been there...

Alicia said...

Sounds like you had fun scrapbooking. It's always nice to have a day to just sit and do it. Ella is so sweet, and hopefully her butterfly survives!

kateworthi said...

What a cutie pie! She is such a little mommy! I'm excited to see you a little bit this week! HOpe your plans are going okay. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Claire, it's angela from ElEd! Erica found me a few days ago and I found you from her! Anyhow, love your blog! So fun to see what you are up to and to reconnect with everyone! You two kiddies are adorable! Look forward to keeping in touch!

Lindsey said...

I'm so jealous you guys are scrapping together.

Michelle said...

Ok, so can you come back already? I am having Claire withdraws!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie Ella is! I'm so jealous of all the people that read your blog!! Adorable page...thanks for giving me a little credit. :)