Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's a....

SOOOO excited to announce we are going to be welcoming a girl to our brood in early October. I have to admit I was secretly hoping for a girl. But, with conditions. I was wanting a girl for all the fun reasons- the girl dept. is infinitely more fun to shop in, making girl bows and headbands, cute little hair-dos...etc.- but was kicking my feet against having a girl for all the obvious-to-me reasons- drama, fits, emotional roller coaster, etc. Yes, this is Ella. Gotta love her cute little self but sometimes I wonder if her emotions are....well....er...normal for lack of a better word. Do they make Zanex for toddlers? :) JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

So anyway, now we can get on the girl baby name train, I can start making a pretty blanket and bows and headbands and maybe (just maybe) even browse craig's list for some awesome girl bedding. Ella's is six years old and her bedding from her crib is sooo not cute anymore.

Girl names are also way more fun. My husband would strongly disagree. When we found out today we were having a girl he said something to the effect of "Aw....I am disappointed I won't be able to give him a presidential name". Not that he is not THRILLED to be having a girl- he is. But he takes this name thing VERY seriously. What do you guys think of :
Charlotte
Fiona
Scarlett
Norah
Evelyn (calling her Evy -pronounced like levy...except without the -L obviously)

Those are the names at the top of my ever-changing list, in no particular order. Let me know what you think. I have been watching "Pregnant in Heels"....LOVE that show. HI-larious. And there was a couple on the show who were so desperate for help in naming their baby that they hired a maternity concierge ( a new thing/term...only for the really cool and sophisticated people who live in NYC) to help them with it. They went so far as having a poll taken in a public audience along with critiques and everything. So....consider this my poll. :)









And here a few pics just to keep you entertained. :) Grandma Jewkes was here for the past little while. She was a HUGE star in the lives of Ella, Lincoln and even Quincy. She was amazing with the kids and kept them entertained for hours. They wanted to sleep with her and eat by her...the whole nine yards. Here he is, taking her little finger and leading her outside. And of course Quincy is seen here rolling (literally) around with my Dad's dog- Ranger. To say he is obsessed is an understatement. I found two ticks on him recently that I am sure came from Ranger. Ranger is treated but I think the ticks just travel on him. I have a theory, but I won't bore you.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I love ALL of those names. Maybe I'll use one of the ones you don't. :)

Rebecca said...

I really like all of those names too. i love fiona and scarlett. congrats!

Anonymous said...

Those are some fabulous names! So excited that you now know what you are having! I really like the idea of Charlotte and calling her Charlie or Lottie...like from Phantom of the Oprah!

Jen Allred said...

LOVE Scarlett!

Meredith said...

Love all the name choices. Can I steal one if I have a girl? :)

Alicia said...

oh yeah!!! I am so excited for yall! I love love love my little girl, but I know what you mean. Kinslee is already more stubborn than Logan. She will be perfect and sweet, and her attitude will just make her cuter!
Hey btw I had no idea yall were part of the huge tornado. I am so sorry I didn't even call to make sure you were ok. I am so glad you were safe. It's so sad to see all the destruction!

Teryn said...

I love Evelyn. I wanted to name Abby that and call her Evie! But.. Evie Ellersick just didn't quite work ;) however, Evie Alred, with an older sister named Ella is quite adorable ;) Congrats again on a girl!

Teryn said...

ps.. are you for real going to have FOUR kids by October?? that is CRAZINESS! fb me next time you are my way! I would totally come meet you at the beach ;)

Annica said...

Those are all really cute names. My top 3 would be Scarlett, Charlotte, or Norah. I also really like the name Mercedes. Congrats!

Jessica Sedgwick said...

I love Scarlett and Charlotte. Evie is cute, but I think you would totally regret having an Ella and Evie b/c you'd always be mixing them up! Congratulations :)