Saturday, March 26, 2011

MAJOR Catch-up


I know....I know. I have major catch-up to do. There are several reasonable explanations for why I have not been blogging. February was one of the craziest months EVAH! Within one week we:

1) Found renters to rent our house for two years and then they want to purchase it after that. Only stipulation- they wanted us to be out in two weeks! We weren't really preparing to rent it until summer (we aren't going to dental school until August) but we couldn't refuse these guys. They are awesome renters.

2) Found out we were inexplicably pregnant. Yup. I have been in denial. We are due with Allred version 4.0 here in early October. That's my biggest excuse as to why I have not been blogging as I have been doing a TON of sleeping and eating.

3) We finally sold our Mazda 5.

4) We started packing and preparing to move in with none other then Mom and Dad Jewkes. LUCKY THEM! Getting the computer set-up and me motivated to blog again after an exhausting month....well, it took awhile.

5) We cut Ella's hair. That's an understatement- we chopped off about eight inches. There's only so much milk-drenched hair I could take. And the milk-drenched hair led to crusty hair which led to a lot of crying when it came time to brush it.

6) Quincy walks!



Again- I have a lot of catching up to do like I said so here are just some random pics from February. Cute kids ready for church. Love dressing the boys alike. So cute!


The kids' favorite pet horsey- Dad. Notice the boxes in the background.

We did make time shortly after the whirlwind of moving to take a quick vacay down to Destin for Emily's last trip with us. Jason was even able to join us. The beach was gorgeous and the weather was all-in-all (for Feb.) pretty amazing, as was the company.

Best buds- Cooper and Link. Lincoln is SO sad that "pooker" moved to ABQ. Or Alba"turkey" as they say.












Posted by Picasa


This was Quincy's first real experience with sand. I wasn't exactly sure how he would react. When Ella was his age she would FLIP out if we even thought about placing her on the sand. We started out slow. First, we put him on a tarp on the sand.



Not sure what to think of it.

"Hey- I love sand!"



"I even love being naked in the sand!"





Rolling in the sand was his favorite.

Posted by Picasa


He would run and then trip resulting in a face plant and it wouldn't even phase him. He didn't mind getting sand in every hole and crevasse.



Just chillin.









Feeding the birds some cheetos, bread, pretzels- whatever!


Building sand castles.




We even went all the way to FL to celebrate Ella's sixth birthday. :) At least that what she tells people. I was even nice enough to pick up a "Tangled" cake. We went and played black light putt-putt too.

The whole clan. All here just for Ella's birthday! Happy sixth Ellie!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Congrats on being preggers!!! Lots of changes. Happy Birthday Ella, and the kids all look so gigantic and cute. Miss you guys!!

Teryn said...

oh boy.. I have a few thoughts.
a.)congrats on number 4! seriously? that is just plain craziness right there! It just means that technically I could have four kids right now since we were married 2 weeks before you two and THAT boggles my mind! ha! But congratulations to you guys, you make beautiful children and I'm sure this one will be no exception ;)
b.)Ella's swimsuit is darling
c.) you crazy girl! you were in DESTIN.. I so would've made the 20 minute drive over there to see you had I known!
d.) congrats on finding wonderful renters! we were so blessed in the same way with our house :)While I would've rather just sold the darn thing, i am thankful for the wonderful people we did find to rent our home.. next best option I suppose ;)
e.) you and your sister who is wearing a blue top (not sure which sister it is) in the last picture could be twins.. I thought she was you until I saw you standing next to your mom.. crazy :)

Yay for the update! Good luck with everything?!!

Lauren said...

wow #4! You go girl. Sounds like you have been a busy mom with lots going on during trimester number one. ug.

And how exciting about Augusta - arguably my dad's (and Ben's) favorite place on earth. My dad goes every year and I'm still waiting for my turn!

Glad to see you're all happy and healthy.

The Fox Family said...

congrats on being preggo!! Wow you've been busy! I love Ella's little pig tails!

Unknown said...

It's about time~I've been missing everyone's updates. No one in our family blogs anymore! so keep it coming! I was wondering when you were gonna let everyone know you were pregnant--we heard "through the grapevine" (aka Mom). Lots of cute pictures! Quincy is adorable--can't wait to meet him this summer!

Jessica Sedgwick said...

That last comment was from me (Jessica). sorry...I was signed in as a different user.

Twila said...

Yay!! Congratulations on #4! That is so fun! Good luck with all your changes! I love Ella's haircut - it's very cute!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

i wish i looked like ella in my swimsuit. i need to do one of those major catch up ones too...i just am not motivated too and i don't even have the excuse of being pregnant! loved catching up and miss that dang q!

Greg, Joy, Riley, Carter and Landon said...

I have not checked your blog for soo long. Congrats on the baby and finding renters too. Your house is so cute, I bet it went quick. Good luck with everthing next year. We will be moving too. Greg's job transferred us to UTAH. I have mixed feelings, but I think it will turn out great. Oh yeah...we have parallel lives. We due in Nov.