Thursday, December 2, 2010

This is what it looks like.....

I worked yesterday (filling in for a girl on maternity leave). There was a slight change on the schedule around 3 pm when Jason came into the office. Leslie -a dental assistant- pointed it out to me. In an appiontment block the schedule said, "Claire- hope you like Kentucky?". Much screaming/ jumping/crying ensued and then this....
This is a picture of a picture of what shock/elation/emotional melting pot/ happiness/ pride...etc.etc. look like when Jason confirms that he got into dental school. Look at Jason. Cool as a cat.


This is what excited friends who came over to celebrate with us look like. I texted at 5:30. They came over at six. What good friends!

Again, more excited friends.


Me toasting to Jason.....so proud!








Our kids....kind of clueless as to why we are celebrating. All they know is we are moving and they have missed their Daddy A LOT in the past few years that he has been working SOOO hard to accomplish this. Ella asked if we were moving to Africa. Hmmm.
So this scene/post is what it looks like when your husband gets accepted into dental school at the University Of Lousiville in Kentucky.
I wish I could have some numbers here that could actually be accurate but I am going to attempt:
-started taking pre-req's in 2006 (the political science degree from BYU wasn't getting him any where in the dental field :))
-Countless amounts of vacations missed including Colorado, St. George, Boston, Albuquerque, Texas, and the list goes on
-At least 10 hours a weeks studying/doing homework
-About 7 hours a week spent in class
-MONTHS spent studying for the DAT
-Many all-nighters cramming for a test
-Two years applying
I could go on and on. Jason has worked so hard for this and I am so proud. I am proud that he wasn't afraid to chase his passion even though many would say he is too old to go back to school.(He'll be 33 in April) He did all of this while providing for our family and being YM's president for three years and is now in the elder's quorum presidency. Great job Honey! Could not be prouder and cannot wait to start this adventure together!
PS- And just for those of you who will ask, dental school is four years long. He also interviewed and applied at the medical college of GA in Augusta so there's a chance we might not be going as far as Kentucky.

14 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats to Jason! What a huge accomplishment. I am so happy for you and your family to start this new phase of life, although I am sad you will be moving! Keep us updated when you hear from Medical College of GA.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! You should put in there all of the work you've done to help him along...:)

I know Jason has worked/stressed super hard about this so it must be nice to have that burden off his shoulders.

I want your Wild About Brushing t-shirt...my girls would LOVE it.

Rebecca said...

CONGRATS! That's so exciting! So, he would be starting in August, right? Kentucky! Wow! Congrats!!!

Teryn said...

congatulations to your whole family! what an exciting new adventure and good for you Jason to follow your heart! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Very exciting! If you do move to Kentucky you can expect a visit from me...it is on my list of states that I have yet to visit! :) Congrats and good luck at dental school..,what a great adventure it will be!

The Fox Family said...

congrats!!! we know a really cool couple going to Dental school At Louisville. Let me know when things get closer if you would like to contact them. I have to admit I am bummed you are not coming to VA...but either way we are happy for you guys. oh...and btw...I showed Erik this post and he goes "I didn't get a cake when I got into dental school!" wups! way to make me look bad Claire. You are an all star wife!

Jene and Megan said...

Congrats!! That's so awesome!! I don't want you all to leave though!!! Listen to me being all selfish...sorry!

Meredith said...

AMAAAAZING!!! So happy for you guys. Tell Jason congrats for us, and congrats to you!! I remember what a huge burden lifted that was when JD got into his first PA school. Hope he gets into the Augusta school too so you guys have a choice, but either way, the Lord will send you where he wants you! I can be truly happy because you are not leaving ME in GA. :) Love you girl! Congrats

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Wow, you are a sweet wife! I know you deserve much of the credit for his accomplishment. It's no fun to have a husband who's gone or studying in the evening.

Jason Sessions said...

Congratulations to both of you! I'm really happy that life is working out the way you hoped for. Point of clarification Claire, Jason is already 33, he'll be 34 in April.

The Allred Family said...

I know. LOL. I never remember how old him or I am/are. I know the years we were bon. You'd think I could do the math....its just not THAT important. :)

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

stinkin YEAH~!

Jill Bagley said...

CONGRATS guys!! that is quite the accomplishment.
yur so lucky that youll have a hubby that will be a dentist.
i always tell jason that i wished he would have gone into the dental field.
he's missed countless vacations and holiday things, family activities---and so on because of his job.
but now its paid off, bc he gets to be around more.
you guys are so cute!! keep up the good work!!

Alicia said...

I know this is WAY overdo, and I've said it over the phone, but CONGRATS! I know how excited/anxious/nervous you are, and I know it will be well worth the journey!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!