Friday, March 28, 2008

Healthy French Fries

Yesterday Emily cooked a fabulous dinner of muffin-sized meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, and green beans. I must interject that i actually provided and cooked the green beans, which of course, were cooked to perfection- Al dente, as Rachel Ray would say. We just couldn't stop eating them. I even said at one point, "these are as good as french fries". Next thing I know, Ella was asking for more "french fries" and accordingly, dipping them in ketchup. That was her dinner.....those were the healthiest "french fries" she's ever had!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Dang girl, you and Emily are all gourmet...you need to come over to my house and cook for me. haha

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh- they serve fried green beans at TGIFriday as an appetizer. SOOOO good. Just reminded me of that. :)

Rachel said...

Fried green beans at PF Changs too- yummier than chips (and probably no better for you). I wish my kids would eat those like french fries b/c I LOVE green beans. Tell, tell on the recipe!!

Rachel said...

We should start a family recipe blog....

Eliza said...

claire, I totally remember you are you kidding me? In fact you should ask reba, I'll sit and question her forever about the Jewkes family b/c you guys are so funny and i love hearing about all the juice. : ), anyway, thanks for your comment I'm glad you did b/c I get wimpy and totally stalk but then don't comment. Anyway, adorable kids, I love their names too, soooo cute! maybe now I'll be brave enough to come out of my lurking and become a regular commenter. : )

kateworthi said...

Yes, you'll have to teach me the Rachel Ray/Claire way to do GBs! We would love it!

The Thomas Family said...

I'm salivating over the muffin size meatloaf. Seriously, maybe it's too close to dinner time, but that sounds soooo yummy right now. Can I come next time?!
Kids are funny. Boy, french fries (and not the green ones) sound really good right now too. I think I better go make dinner. :)

Annika said...

Adorable! I do the same thing with meat for Anson. Everything has to be called "chicken nuggets". hehe